acting as reference for someones shotgun licence

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayclouter

Question

If I stand as referee for some one on their shotgun licence because the police took it away, pendng prosecution, the CPS and the police subsequently  dropped the charges  and they for whatever reason are refused their reapplication for a  licence, could that potentially  that affect my licence renewal when it becomes due ??? 

I doubt it, unless there is real evidence to show that you lied on the original form. If said person did something to irritate the police after you were involved, I can't see how they would come back at you. All speculation on my part this.. you could call your Firearms officer if worried although that might flag your name up! I would let sleeping dogs lie and plead your case as and when it may crop up.

In a word, no but if you're in any doubt give your FEO a call and discuss it with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS FOR THE GUIDANCE CHAPS 

I DID RING THE FIREARMS PEOPLE THEY WERE QUITE CLEAR NO COMEBACK EVERYONE IS AN INDIVIDUALLY ASSESSED APPLICATION 

Latest posts

Back