Reasonably priced cartridges at the Sportsman gun centre, Exeter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Bought some Eley First Fibre shells for £157 per 1,000 in 12 bore 28 gram 7.5mm

They also have a choice of plastic at £150 per 1,000 between Spanish Trust or Italian Nobels again in 12 bore 28 gram 7.5mm.

Presumably the same in other branches?

I buy the Trust brand plastic shells in 24g from Brian Hebditch at Roundwood.

They are cheap, low recoil and kill well. 

For a comparison; Brian also sells RC2's in 24g. They are more expensive and recoil more (to me at least).  

Outrageous price for a budget cart! RIO target load £116/ thousand down here :) now that is budget price !

:fie:  Well we are now used to being SHAFTED by cartridge manufacturers and importers! If Rio are £116.00 in France there is no reason not to have them here at that price? in the US they a similar price? its all about charging what the market will pay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that 116 at todays exchange rate?  Whichever, thats an excellent price... might be worth a couple of thou in the car when I am there in May?

Sorry guys pushed the wrong button should be £126/thou (for some strange reason the 1 and 2 keys are right next to each other on a keyboard. Any way read then and weep :)

they even nock off €12/thou if you buy 5k! Which is quite close to £116/thou :)

http://www.naturabuy.fr/Cartouches-Balltrap-Rio-critere-9380.html

Is that 116 at todays exchange rate?  Whichever, thats an excellent price... might be worth a couple of thou in the car when I am there in May?
Hi You might want to look out for Mary Arm Cyrano @ €43/carton they are a fantastic budget cartridge and widely available throughout France but made in Bergerac 24g and 28 same price I think.

http://www.naturabuy.fr/250-cartouches-Mary-Arm-cyrano-cal-12-70-Pb-7-5-24-28-gr-4-3-boite-25-item-2378728.html

by the way not rubbing it in I just think as usual the people of the UK are being ripped off by some sort of cartridge pricing cartel. Or are the cartridge manufacturers charging the importers more because they know they can?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back