CPSA Premier League 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichW1234

We are delighted to bring to the forum news of the CPSA Premier League, an inter-Club competition based on a series of 100 bird Registered Sporting shoots at the following Premier & Premier Plus venues:

• E J Churchill Shooting Ground - Sunday 26th April. Being held on the West Wycombe Estate, home of WESP 2014
  • West London Shooting School - Saturday 20th June. This is the first registered shoot held here in over 15 years.
  • Southdown Gun Club - Sunday 12th July.
  • Bisley Shooting Ground - Sunday 2nd August
  • Owls Lodge Shooting School - Saturday 12th September

Any CPSA Competition Member can shoot these fixtures, however only those who have paid the registration fee of £5 and signed up for their local 'Premier' team are eligible for a share of the overall prize fund.

For more info on the prize breakdown etc and to register for your team please visit http://championships.cpsa.co.uk/premierleague2015

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in! Give every new idea a chance especially as it enhances the image and status of competition shooting hopefully. A Sunday registered over on the EJC estate is a superb thing just on its own!

Premier league doesn't seem the right name for a handicapped competition especially when it's centered only in the south of the country . I could understand if there were 5 grounds in each region competing and then there was a super final in a central location this would make a good class competition equal to all .

Good luck to all who compete but I would rather spend the money on shooting not travel as all grounds are over 150 miles from me

Deershooter

I'm in! Give every new idea a chance especially as it enhances the image and status of competition shooting hopefully. A Sunday registered over on the EJC estate is a superb thing just on its own!
I would do this but we have our annual shooting break at South West Shooting School from Thursday 23rd and leaving Sunday 26th. No way am I getting back from Ilfracombe to Wycombe in time to shoot it sadly, well not for 9 in the morning anyway.

Still might shoot the other four though, will be more good experience in the competition environment.

Seems clear to me that this is a model to be replicated elsewhere.... Maybe premier league is not the right name, maybe regional league or something.

My take is that They have picked five ground fairly close to each other that share a similar/overlapping pool of shooters who attend the grounds for registered shoots.

They could easily do this at five grounds around Orston or Doveridge or Westfield or whatever, maybe you could work with your local counties and regions to help get it set up... I am certain that RichW1234 would welcome the help, and the. You could all shoot the five grounds without too much travel.

There is a five quid entry fee I think, so the prize pool *probably* comes from that, plus a levy on each shoot entry... Plus the sponsors prize.

It is probably self funding, plus a bit of marketing spend? Am guessing a bit here.

They are testing it in the open a bit, but five well attended grounds should be able to rustle up 250 shooters.... And then each shoot will be fairly well attended... With probably 200ish at each shoot (not all that enter will make all shoots)...feels like the numbers could work.

Each shoot is a normal registered shoot that anybody in CPSA can enter. You don't need to be in a club team. So limitless entries possible.

It's a one region competition. When's the round in the North East, Scotland.....

I did think, purely personally, that this would be most practical if made into North and South editions.

Is it called premier league simply because it is CPSA premier and premier+ grounds that are hosting?  It is a little disingenuous however.  

Perhaps other grounds were asked to play and they declined or maybe it is simply just a pilot in the most populous region to measure uptake and viability.

It could be argued that they are loading the deck a bit by starting off in the south, but equally you folks down there probably have the widest choice of alternative grounds to go to instead, so it is maybe a true test of interest.

All completely and utterly academic to me in any respect, but increasing choice is generally a good thing.

Good luck to all of those on here who do decide to participate.

Quote from Churchills prem league flyer.

"Each ground is entitled to invite 50 members to be a part of their team, and once registered you will then represent that team at each shoot in the league."

I clearly states "members". Nothing about this on CPSA frequently asked questions.

So do you need to be a member of a club to represent it.

I phoned the CPSA yesterday and was told that there is no requirement to be a member of the club. However the advice was that you should choose a club to represent where you shoot often. It was also explained to me that these are normal registered events so you are able to shoot them Comp or Birds only as usual if you wish.

Back