EJ Churchill ESP reg 5.3.15

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Entries are 9am to 2pm, no booking required.

I believe that it is also possible to shoot the Churchill Challenge on the same day also, but call 01494 883227 to book a slot for that.

Weather looks dry and a bit milder!

happy days day off on Thursday!!!!! (supposed to be packing) shooting seems a much better option!!!

Well shot Hamid!! 
Really enjoyed seeing and talking to a few I don't see often enough, just a nice ground to be at.  :)  Targets were split into steady and frisky I'd say but always nice to see a few new combinations.

Really enjoyed seeing and talking to a few I don't see often enough, just a nice ground to be at.  :)  Targets were split into steady and frisky I'd say but always nice to see a few new combinations.

Yeah it's a lovely ground albeit just in the wrong place!!! 60 miles east would be nice!! I thought the targets were of a good variety nothing too silly, stand 5 cost me big time.

Great day out, awesome weather and so many friendly faces, too many to name all individually. Great shooting by the Hamster to take HG. Smashed my PB by 14 clays today and also had my first medal place in my class in any comp. Totally Stoked!

Lovely day, fairly steady course, lots of happy faces. After yet another untidy performance I had another go, with a Blaser from the gun room while Hamster kindly walked round with me. Very different but instantly shootable. Nicked it for the weekend.. :)

Lovely day, fairly steady course, lots of happy faces. After yet another untidy performance I had another go, with a Blaser from the gun room while Hamster kindly walked round with me. Very different but instantly shootable. Nicked it for the weekend.. :)
I was going to do the same and ask him to watch and pass constructive comments as I left far too many out there but after a cup of tea I decided I should do the responsible thing and go home and pack my case for the morning (not that I've bothered to do it still)

I dropped 13 clays on two stands. Went to pot. Close quartering right to left and close rabbit I think stand 9 shot it terrible, God knows what went wrong there. Shot the rest really well. So 10 good stands and 2 crap stands for me.

Well done Hammy. Would have been nice to have met you.

Last edited by a moderator:
would say you may well enjoy the F3 Nearer the P gun than that DT thing haha kept mine may get her out this year for a play ....best try it westfields on real sporting ..chokes are on the tight side mind !!

bugger , is what i said when i saw the second missed close rabbit roll past my gun !!!!! thats what lost it for me .

well shot hamster and alex cobb , also Becky for an excellent 95 with a new gun !!!

i did think this was steadier than normal but looking at the class breakdown there were 39 c class with only 11 AA so guess its geared up for the market but very enjoyable all the same

101 reg entries on a thursday !!!!!

would say you may well enjoy the F3 Nearer the P gun than that DT thing haha kept mine may get her out this year for a play ....best try it westfields on real sporting ..chokes are on the tight side mind !!
My loan gun has 3/4 and 3/4. Sure made some dust! Got a good feeling about it..

The last few shoots I've done have been wind & rain so this was a nice change and a reminder spring seems close . Well shot Hamster . I had the pleasure of shooting with Mr Cobb which is a great help for me and also entertaining watching him shoot two of the looper from the hip to show a 'learner' with his own gun who had missed them all , that they were easy and his gun was fine .Warmer I believe the weekend . Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like a perfect example of how to educate a new shooter in safe gun handling?

I expect said "new shooter" might fancy trying that himself soon.

I hope I'm not there when he does!

Sounds like a perfect example of how to educate a new shooter in safe gun handling?

I expect said "new shooter" might fancy trying that himself soon.

I hope I'm not there when he does!
I saw that too and to be fair it sounds worse than it was, his party had finished shooting and he asked the ref if he could have a pair off the hip. One of those birds that was probably easier that way than conventionally ! 

Hi Will, now you know it makes sense ..

Enjoy it for the weekend.

Off to Ian Coleys tomorrow to source a gun for my daughter who has got the bug big time.

I have a bad feeling in my wallet - heaven forbid that she beats me - not too difficult at the present though.........

Latest posts

Back