Hello from the west midlands

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissaddler

Hello, walsall based newbie. Had my SGC Only a few weeks and been shooting regularly a couple of months having weekly lessons. Had a mooch round the forum, I look forward to contributing

All the best

Garlands and doveridge, although this weekend I'm going to mill ride. Depends if I have anyone to go with or not, I usually haven't so I go to doveridge as they have the clay mate delay.
Fair enough. You're obviously not messing about are you :biggrin:

Yes, you're going to some of the premier league shoots.

Wergs is on the other side of the bridge from Hilton Park, and they shoot on opposite Sundays AFAIK. Both pretty decent shoots though.

I shoot at a little local shoot near where I live, out to the South of the City, between Solihull and Redditch. It's called Three Lakes Gun Club, possibly a bit basic if you're doing the Doveridge/Millride/Oakedge though :biggrin:

Yes, you're going to some of the premier league shoots.

Wergs is on the other side of the bridge from Hilton Park, and they shoot on opposite Sundays AFAIK. Both pretty decent shoots though.

I shoot at a little local shoot near where I live, out to the South of the City, between Solihull and Redditch. It's called Three Lakes Gun Club, possibly a bit basic if you're doing the Doveridge/Millride/Oakedge though :biggrin:
Cool I'll have a look. I only really go to those because I have lessons at garlands and in all honesty with doveridge felt better going round myself rather than looking daft in front of a bloke who works at wherever and will come and button for you :) although it's about a 50 minute drive away.

Just had a look at three lakes do they have open practice at all there?

Cool I'll have a look. I only really go to those because I have lessons at garlands and in all honesty with doveridge felt better going round myself rather than looking daft in front of a bloke who works at wherever and will come and button for you :) although it's about a 50 minute drive away.

Just had a look at three lakes do they have open practice at all there?
I guess it depends on what you want from your shooting. If you're into the competitions then shooting at the bigger venues will help you to improve quickly. As will lessons and plenty of practice etc etc. 

If you just want to go bash a few clays, both Wergs and Hilton are pretty good shoots local to you and I'm certain if you turn up alone, you'd soon find a group to tag along with. That's generally how it works. 

As for Three Lakes, yes it's all open practice. Come along by all means. :good:  

Latest posts

Back