Cotswold Clay Club - Sunday 1st March

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there any need to reply to the thread like that? The guy is a new shooter and is new to the forum. Great way to make someone feel welcome!

Hi rdp Cotswold clay club is a cracking ground and there a friendly bunch, if I wasn't going to longridge I would be headed that way.

Was there any need to reply to the thread like that? The guy is a new shooter and is new to the forum. Great way to make someone feel welcome!

Hi rdp Cotswold clay club is a cracking ground and there a friendly bunch, if I wasn't going to longridge I would be headed that way.
totally agree Tom. some people on here need to learn that saying nothing is better than saying something...

I'm going to be heading over to Cotswold Clay Club tomorrow morning, anyone else heading over that way?
Not been there few years, last time I did was up to my ankles in quarry slurry would imagine that's no longer the case, do though pen a few notes down for us all.

Think today Fosse shoot us running as well so it might not be too busy?

Hi Mike, Rich.

From my limited experience of shooting grounds the targets seem challenging enough; even though the scenery leaves a little bit to be desired. All stands are shooting into the same field. However, the club does put on a good selection of targets ranging from rabbits to high tower pheasant. Including a couple really cheeky ones that are sure to test even experienced shots! 

There are good paths to all stands and the parking isn't too bad. The clubhouse serves refreshments and bacon sandwiches which are welcome when its cold outside. The club host, Claire, always seems to be smiling and is really helpful and cheery.

One consideration is that the ground is Fibre only. I'm not sure if that bothers anyone but its worth mentioning. You can buy 21gm or 28gm fibre shells from the clubhouse at £5 per box which is a good fair price. 

My first visit saw me on 62%, but last Sunday (1st March) I was down to 40% due to the wind! It's worth popping along to, especially as it is one of the cheaper grounds in the area at 30p per clay for non members. Membership is £75 for a year and that drops the clays down to 20p so if you do a 100 each time you have paid for it in 8 visits which should easily be possible in a year.

Latest posts

Back