Stock wood repair required in Kent to remove scratches and dents

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aweaect

Hi

I'm selling my Silver Pigeon 1 L/H 30" sporter and the stock has a few nicks and scratches I'd like removed to make it sell more easily. I was going to use an old school antique furniture repairer near Canterbury but he's not returned my calls, plus I'm not keen on leaving my stock with him if he doesn't have a gun license (I assume he hasn't).

Does anyone know of any suitable repairers in the area? I know of Greenwood guns in Tunbridge Wells but finding the time to get there is a bit tricky at the moment.

Thanks,

Mark

Can you post some pictures please?

no licence needed for stock as long as the action is removed, it's just a lump of wood!

Do it yourself is my advice just rub the whole thing down avoiding the chequered bit gently steam the worst dents with a damp cloth and iron then re oil with true oil its a lot easier then you think. I have done most of my guns even grade 5 and gallery grade stocks before selling all come up a treat. Come and have a chat sunday and will explain in more detail.

Looking at them I think all will come out with a little steam bar 1 I'm an idiot and i managed to do my own!!!

That is a lovely wee gun, it is not a luxury type gun and anybody trying to knock your price back on those marks is at it IMO ! Having said that I can understand why you don't want the hassle of haggling if you can present a mark free gun.

Unknown-4.jpeg

I would do as Shaun suggested. 

I would also be interested in Shaun's technique with the Tru-Oil, if he was willing to share???

Last edited by a moderator:
That gun looks practically mint to me  :D  , I've sold cars with more dents.  :lol:

Latest posts

Back