Deben Slim electronic defenders anyone use them?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Hello all, as above really, does anyone use a set of the Deben Slim electronic ear defenders? Are they any good?  I have a set of the Peltor Bullseye passive at the minute (the bog standard green defenders)  Can anyone recommend these or a different brand of electronic defender?

Thanks Martin

I think everyone gives them a little whack but how many whacks till a bit of solder breaks
Coincidentally, I have just changed batteries in mine. Agree, it's a firm tap that I would rather not, but it's in the earphone which does not host the control buttons at least. Also, after 8 years, I think this is the third time I've changed the batteries, so it's not a frequent knock.

MSA Sordin every time, with the gel ear pad inserts. Much more comfortable, great audio.
+1. Best I've had and I've had Peltors before but prefer the MSA's. Most comfortable, best audio, just best all round. :biggrin:

I suffer from tinnitus and was previously using both basic Peltors and ear plugs so between-the-stands conversations were difficult but at least the ringing in my ears didn't get worse. A couple of weeks ago I bought some MSA Sordin Extreme Pro-x on ebay for £100, bought some gel pads off Amazon and am very happy with them. The  sounds are super clear and they cup the whole ear so there's not ill effects from the shot noise.

I've not tried Deben or Peltor electronic so I'm afraid I can't comment on those.

I think that Deben are the cheapest available version of MSA Sordin .

Deben used to do a cheap version of their own , haven't seen them recently.

MSA Sordin without a doubt are the finest electronic ear muff available in my opinion.

Peltor Electronics are without doubt the finest passive ear muffs  available.

Is Peltor a subsidiary of Land Rover ?

I think everyone gives them a little whack but how many whacks till a bit of solder breaks 
You could try a slightly sharpened lolly stick or blunted pencil to tease the battery out. For me this is a pretty minor consideration when the overall product is considered.

One point though, make sure you use quality batteries as a leaky one could well be impossible to get out?  

I think that Deben are the cheapest available version of MSA Sordin .

Deben used to do a cheap version of their own , haven't seen them recently.

MSA Sordin without a doubt are the finest electronic ear muff available in my opinion.

Peltor Electronics are without doubt the finest passive ear muffs  available.

Is Peltor a subsidiary of Land Rover ?
agree.... had a Land Rover and Peltor SportTac, both broke down withing a few months of having them...

Thanks guys, have had a look at the msa's. Think the cheapest msa is the supreme pro basic, which you can buy from msa or deben by the looks of it. Then there's various upgrade options, think they set off at about £110 upwards.

I have recently changed from the Cheapest Debden ones to the Honeywell/Howard Leight Earmuffs which are far better in my opinion and don't suffer the feedback that the Debden ones do, I think that were around 60 from Amazon

Thanks guys, have had a look at the msa's. Think the cheapest msa is the supreme pro basic, which you can buy from msa or deben by the looks of it. Then there's various upgrade options, think they set off at about £110 upwards.
The basic ones are fine :good:

The basic ones are fine :good:

Thanks Finners, the extra £60 for the digital ones was pulling at me a bit really.
I've got a set of the deben slim electronics you can borrow for a couple of weeks to try if you want Mart.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Back