Krieghoff pro rib

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one,its like a K80 with a big rib on.I think SOR shoots one as well.

Ok my vagueness deserved that answer :) at one point I had a CG summit impact but found the rib had a habit of adjusting it self and it seemed very high, today whilst going around Weston wood I saw one and the rib didn't look nearly as high in comparison and the cogs started turning.

The rib cant alter its self on the k 80, I like mine a lot, belonged to another member here before I "admired it" at oakedge. Expensive day that.

http://www.krieghoff.co.uk/k80proribdesignfeatures.html

They came out a few years ago I believe and they sensibly resisted the temptation of making the ribs too high. I can't recall a top end shooter who has bough and kept a proper high ribber, a good few I know went back. I seem to recall talking to Mark Winser a few years ago at Southdown about the one he was using back then but he seems to prefer normal ribs now.

There are a few for sale on guntrader, go have a try somewhere.

Love my pro rib , but the best thing I did was throw the love in shims away and forget adjusting it .my scores have improved as they should naturally by seeing more targets so I can't put it just down to the gun. Would I go back to my Dt10x. ....err no would I use a std rib k80 err......no. ed solomans uses a stepped rib which I think is the same principal as my pro?

My rib is a fixed step, it's exactly the same as a regular rib but without the gradual raise to the high point.

Personally I'm not a fan of the raised adjustable ribs for sporting unless it is to work round an injury.

You got a pretty one for clays aswell ed........ I still shoot my pro rib better than any gun I've used so far and I'm not injured?

Just looked at one at the shooting show, felt so much better balanced than my home made DT10 high rib even though I've weighted it to try and get it right, can also feel in the quality where the extra money goes, not too sure on the lacquer finished stock but was assured also available in oil finish. Guess my only chance of ever having one of these is winning the Kreigoff sporting later this year"................never mind!

Yes you obviously get on well with yours Steve but the majority of people switch die to fashion then realise that they shoot better with a conventional set up.

As ever, no hard and fast rules.

Yes you obviously get on well with yours Steve but the majority of people switch die to fashion then realise that they shoot better with a conventional set up.

As ever, no hard and fast rules.
I have seen people do exactly this. I always reckoned that a high rib was designed (by marketing folk) to make people who don't have a high rib fidget and wonder if they should..

I have seen people do exactly this. I always reckoned that a high rib was designed (by marketing folk) to make people who don't have a high rib fidget and wonder if they should..
Will, I couldn't agree more, the only reason I went to one was because I needed the physical dimensions it provided, not because I "fancied" one

Back