Former Lakenheath Clay Target Centre - Re-opening Soon!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ELCSC

Dear All,

Over the past few months we have been in negotiations with the landlord of the former Lakenheath Clay Target Centre, and are pleased to announce that today we have entered into our formal agreements, and are therefore now in a position to announce our plans to re-open the ground! The grounds new name is Eriswell Lodge, as we felt it appropriate to re-brand the business so as to show an entirely new identity.

There will be some very extensive refurbishment and general works being carried out on the site over the next two months or so, so please keep an eye open for specific details about when we are looking to be open for business again!

We will not be updating on here too much, but invite you to look at our Facebook Page (Under our new name - Eriswell Lodge Ltd), and the same on Twitter - @eriswell_lodge. We do have a website up and running - www.eriswell-lodge.com - but has minimal content on it at present.

Thank you one and all for waiting so patiently for this once great facility to re-open - the wait is nearly over now!

Regards,

Eriswell Lodge Ltd

"We will not be updating on here too much"

Well, why would you. Running a business aimed at clay shooters; it would be a waste of time informing the dedicated 2500+ members on here. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that too.

Bothered to put it on here first thoe.

Good way to start.

It's like we're not good enough. Too down market. Camo clad in purple.

Hate face book / twitter

Whilst they may like social media they would be wise to remember many shooters are aged 50+, hardly facebook and twitter fans.

Best of luck to the ground though. Let's hope the skeet targets are as good as they used to be.

That's good news, places to shoot in Suffolk are few and far between, especially if you want to shoot on week-days.  Hopefully it'll be a play and pay set-up and not a 'competition every third Sunday' type of thing.

And Will - maybe they've got better things to do in getting the business up and running, all we need to know is when it's opening.

Many thanks for your comments gentlemen, I will ensure that this page is updated along with our website and Facebook and Twitter pages.

Absolute best wishes to them. Word of mouth is good, but can be slow. ScratchIng out a few dates and words on here isn't exactly a chore. Look! I just did it! :)

any news of a ground opening or re-opening can only be good news 

for the future of our sport whether you live local or not.

great to hear some positive news for a change hope it works out

well for them 

Many thanks for your comments gentlemen, I will ensure that this page is updated along with our website and Facebook and Twitter pages.
Please do - ShootClay is here to support.

Good news indeed, was a frequent visitor in the 1980's, wasn't much of a shot then and I'm still as good today...... :hunter:

I can't wait! Which disciplines will there  be? Will you have skeet still? Which  days will you be open ?

I can't wait! Which disciplines will there  be? Will you have skeet still? Which  days will you be open ?
Hi Liz,

Initially we will be opening with skeet back on, and certainly a sporting course - with a sportrap/fitasc and a DTL/ABT layout following very closely behind!

As for opening days and times, all I can advise right now is to watch this space, but we are expecting to open moreorless the same hours as it was open prior to closing - wednesday through Sunday. But as I say, please watch this space!

If anyone has any other questions please let me know either on here or by PM.

Regards to all,

EL

Good luck Eriswell Lodge, once your up and running I will try to come your way for a round or two.

ATB

Aye, good luck with the new venture, I think you will need it. The skeet and hedge monkeys take some pleasing, unlike we Tarpies who NEVER EVER complain. :hunter: :fie:   :haha:

Phil*

Latest posts

Back