Pilla 60HCP

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotzenplotz

Hallo,

I'm new here at the forum and i just want to start with a question about pilla glasses, because i'm looking for a set of outlaw X7.

Did anyone tested the new 60HCP? What do you think about it. What's its best use / what weather condition?

@edlyons is the expert here - he'll be along to help shortly. 

What a pity, that nobody is using the 60HCP. :fie:

What about 76HC comparing to 66N?

Is the 76HC needfull or can I replace it with 66N? Would there be any situation the 66N doesn't work?

As i like the purple glases, i wonder if i need any other for low light.

The same for 44N comparing to 45max.

For shooting fitasc i have to manage different backgrounds.

Hi Kristin,

We stock the full range of Pilla products, and the 60HCP has not been very popular in the UK.

The 46N was perhaps the most popular lens since the 65Max Orange came out a few years back...but Pi£$a soon changed it to the 44N...a simple change of 2% in the light transmission, which is extremely small.

I personally like Purple lenses as they make my eyes feel relaxed and give me some enhancement on orange targets although i find the 66N too pale for my eyes.

I regularly hear that people should use the palest lens possible so as to let the most light into the eye. This can be useful, particularly in poorer conditions, and also ensures the pupil is constricted therefore giving slightly sharper vision, however the amount of extra clarity that is actually useful that comes from a miotic pupil in good light, is realistically next to nothing for MOST people.

We also need to look at how light sensitive someone is: i often wear very dark lenses as i find i struggle in slightly brighter than normal conditions - for playing rugby I've got some tinted contact lenses which are amazing, as catching high balls into the sun was a nightmare.

Others may find a dark lens dulls things down too much and they lose the detail. Lens colour is very specific to the individual too - tints simply allow some wavelengths of light through and block others, different wavelengths have different "energy values" and some people find their visual cortex (the brain's processor) operates poorly in some colours and optimally in others.

Reds and browns tend to overwhelm me a bit so i often go for blues, grays and purples. Other folk tend to love the bright contrast a red or yellow lens gives them - as we get older the lenses in our eyes change too so we can sometimes find tints that we liked in the past become less effective...

Latest posts

Back