4cs, 21st Dec, barn doors safe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Went today, 2nd ever visit, big entry, brief chat to Rob Dawson at stand 1 whilst battery down, " had to shoot this ground a lot to get a feel for it " was the gist, doesn't bode well for me that, I struggled round didn't really get a grip on any stand although nothing looked horrid but I misread virtually everything then , I just couldn't get to on anything enough to feel confident, must add its all a learning curve, just a very slow to rise one at that.

Well shot Rob who i think finished 1st in A?

Despite chastening experience as Arnie would say " I'll be back"

It's definitely a different place Rich. I find I am overleading a lot there.. Stand 4? Had a R-l rising crosser and a quartering away. Missed first pair. Just cut back and hit the rest. (A foot on the first and edge of the second).

Then I missed ALL 4 of the looper in the woods (with the high floaty r-l incomer). Went back for some practice shots later and dusted it by backing off.

And yes, Rob shot very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have not been here for a few years, thought I would have a go.

A couple of things irritated me.

If a shoot starts at 10.00 shooters should be able to start shooting at that time.

They did not start selling the cards till 10.00.

The hut was full, queuing for cards queuing for food.

It's not nice for the shooters and its not nice for the staff working there.

I can see no reason why the cards cannot be sold before the shoot starts.

There were also shooters moving cones next to a stand in the car park to park their cars in the area of shooting, whilst shooters were in the stand shooting. Are they just plain ignorant? Talk about off putting.

Clays were good.

Shoots should also advertise the cost and how many stands.

£38 / 100 / 11 stands. 11 stands = queues.

Have not been here for a few years, thought I would have a go.

A couple of things irritated me.

If a shoot starts at 10.00 shooters should be able to start shooting at that time.

They did not start selling the cards till 10.00.

The hut was full, queuing for cards queuing for food.

It's not nice for the shooters and its not nice for the staff working there.

I can see no reason why the cards cannot be sold before the shoot starts.

There were also shooters moving cones next to a stand in the car park to park their cars in the area of shooting, whilst shooters were in the stand shooting. Are they just plain ignorant? Talk about off putting.

Clays were good.

Shoots should also advertise the cost and how many stands.

£38 / 100 / 11 stands. 11 stands = queues.
It was very busy yesterday but we were out early so did not experience too much delay getting round. All that pales into insignicance when I tell you at that same stand Tony experienced a gun being shut directly into his face! Some young bloke came off the stand and decided to shut his gun pointing at him - empty yes but just not on. The amount of people I see shut their guns and walk to or from a stand and sometimes a fair distance. We might rib the CPSA a lot but their method for taking a gun out or putting it in the slip should be used.

Prob those idiots parking their cars in the shoot area.

Cannot believe people are that stupid closing a gun in someone's face.

I would have shoved it where the sun don't shine.

Cannot have been nice for Tony.

How do you know a shooter is competent to be at a shoot any way.

Quite often you see gun sharing. Do they have licences etc.

Be a while before I go back may be if things change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prob those idiots parking their cars in the shoot area.

Cannot believe people are that stupid closing a gun in someone's face.

I would have shoved it where the sun don't shine.

Cannot have been nice for Tony.

How do you know a shooter is competent to be at a shoot any way.

Be a while before I go back may be if things change.
Give it another go - it's a nice shoot and they are good people and yes it can get busy, usually cards are sold a little earlier although not much and it probably would be helpful if they were sold perhaps half an hour or so before the shoot started particularly if you are trying to combine 2 shoots in winter with earlier closing times.

Tony normally isn't shy to speak his mind regarding safety at shoots to anyone but I think momentarily he lost the ability to speak and missed his opportunity. The guys next to us couldn't believe it.

Selling the cards earlier is a must. A lot of people moaning about this said its been like it for years.

12 stands min also if a shoot is that busy.

Would go back if the above happens.

But their that busy they wouldn't miss my custom anyway.

Still one here one there and numbers soon go down.

Latest posts

Back