Southern Counties decision notice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fie:  Well, The people to blame for the early closure of Southern Counties S.G. are thev CPSA and the shooters who signed the petition!

Surely the petition should have been presented to Barry Crook asking him to keep the ground open and not using it as an objection

against his planning application?  Don't be supprised when you get his ass in the air! :fie:

I don't see that a CPSA petition was to blame. It was probably the skylark lovers that forced the issue........

Closing the ground is being done in a fit of pique because BC didn't get his way.

Last edited by a moderator:
The petition should have been used to persuade B. Crook to keep the ground open NOT to be used as a weapon to defeat his planning application! I'm with B. Crook on this one!

I have to agree with guru on this one. I never saw the petition as a good idea, you cannot bully a business to stay operating just because you as a customer don't like the idea of it not being there. Furthermore if the CPSA consider the loss of it to be such a huge issue then the CPSA should either buy it, build another one or spend there time in discussions with british Olympic sport people and get them to fund a "proper" ground that will fullfill the issf requirements.

Nobody knows why the ground is closing so quickly! I feel it is unlikely that Barry Crook would take much, if any, notice of a petition! The decision to close was taken before the refusal, only Barry knows why, the rest is just speculation!

:fie:  Well, The people to blame for the early closure of Southern Counties S.G. are thev CPSA and the shooters who signed the petition!

Surely the petition should have been presented to Barry Crook asking him to keep the ground open and not using it as an objection

against his planning application?  Don't be supprised when you get his ass in the air! :fie:
The trouble there is Barry became removed from the shooting world. Many invites to various meetings over the 2 years and lots of letters written by committee and local press were all ignored. Such lack of interest from the ground owner was only ever going to end in one way. 

Cpsa buy it.... I doubt it.... they have not got enough funds or expertise to run it.

But.....

Maybe British Shooting could buy it...after all they are the Olympic body....I am sure they could show their negotiation skill sets....get a good deal from Barry...now that he has decided to call it a day....and negotiate with the Government....and UK Sport....to save what was one of the best set up shooting grounds in the UK.

It would give British Shooting a base.

Sounds like a good investment to me (as a business woman). Most top grounds abroad are government supported.

Maybe the Chairman of Cpsa in his role as the director for that region could throw his cap and skill set into the ring....to get this idea going. I am sure that he, HQ, BICTSF and BS could come up with a purchase proposal and a business case to put to the government....especially as the local council seem to value it as a shooting ground.

I hope that this is not going to be a lost opportunity for the SW shooters.....through lack of effort, foresight or skill sets needed to succeed. This could be the opportunity of a lifetime to put British Shooting 'on the map'.

Last edited:
Maybe British Shooting could buy it...after all they are the Olympic body....I am sure they could show their negotiation skill sets....get a good deal from Barry...now that he has decided to call it a day....and negotiate with the Government....and UK Sport....to save what was one of the best set up shooting grounds in the UK.
exactly

Interesting to note that the council does believe that a shooting ground provides valuable nesting grounds/natural environment.

Must admit that the safest place to be if you are a pheasant or a rabbit is right in the middle of a clay ground! :)

Do you honestly think that a petition from anyone on this planet would have any influence at all on what is happening? This is a business decision not a hissy fit.

I find some of the cr@p on this site totally exasperating, I really do.

Do you honestly think that a petition from anyone on this planet would have any influence at all on what is happening? This is a business decision not a hissy fit.

Calm down Viscount.....people are only asking questions and speculating.

As you are somewhat of a recognised SW expert....could you help focus and lend your gravitas to the idea of an attempt by shooters /organisations to get government help on purchasing the ground. They will need a new ground owner.

We need a 'buy SC petition'.......I would definitely sign that one.

We have 26,000 members of Cpsa....and a few more in the home countries(2000?) . A £100 donation would net nearly £3 million and the government could be persuaded possibly to match fund. Of course this relies on the 'will' for the organisation to own a flagship ground. And by organisation....I mean BS.

In reality the idea could be sold into a reality.....but it would need a lot of work, a lot of support from shooters who can see the long game (tying in Government to shooting as the would be a partner in the flagship ground) and good negotiation and business skills of the directors and the CEO's involved.

If I had been on BS at this moment the phones to all would be hot....setting up business plans and meetings with UK Sport...Lottery....Sports ministers etc etc etc .

you might want to look at yourself before decrying others...some of the posts i have seen you make are at best unhelpful and in cases downright mean

Well  "Yorkie" as you are the man in the know? :fie:  please fill us in with your expert knowledge of the situation as soon as possible

so that we can plan all our fixtures for the up and comming FEDECAT  style of trap shooting if S.C.are not to close after all? :crazy:

Well  "Yorkie" as you are the man in the know? :fie:  please fill us in with your expert knowledge of the situation as soon as possible

so that we can plan all our fixtures for the up and comming FEDECAT  style of trap shooting if S.C.are not to close after all? :crazy:
Guru...in your snipes at others I would appreciate you keeping Fedecat out of your blurb. It shows that you do not understand what it is.

It does not compete with other organisations or try to do. Fedecat is all about shooters having more choice at international competition where the shooter can compete in competition at a less relentless pace....and to bring more shooters happily and comfortably into international competition .....where....they may find they like it....and when confident ...they may want to try fast trap like OT.

If whoever buys SC and keeps it as a shooting ground....wants to stage a Fedecat event we would be delighted to consider it.....whether it s owned by BS...or Joe Blogs.

Fedecat are all about trying to get more people shooting competition....AND...enjoying it.

Hope that clarifies for those reading this.

:crazy:  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Thanks. I take it you understand now.

Off shooting to OLSS reg now.....high winds so this should be fun..!

Have a nice day ya all xx

In reality the idea could be sold into a reality.....but it would need a lot of work, a lot of support from shooters who can see the long game (tying in Government to shooting as the would be a partner in the flagship ground) and good negotiation and business skills of the directors and the CEO's involved.

If I had been on BS at this moment the phones to all would be hot....setting up business plans and meetings with UK Sport...Lottery....Sports ministers etc etc etc .
 Well you certainly can't question the passion out there, if we can push the right people in the right places things do some times fall  for the small guys. 

Remember what mum said all those years ago  "if you don't ask you don't get" !! simples !

Back