A move to the dark side

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcloud

Well after shooting my Browning 525 for the last year (my first year with a shotgun) The Mrs. promised me a new gun for my Christmas box, so we've been out looking for the last couple of weekends and today I think I've found the gun, a Beretta 690 3 sporting.

Funny thing, this gun isn't even on beretta's website, only the field version, and the RFD I collected it from didn't even know about this model until Thursday night when he took delivery. Anyway it appears to fit well straight out the box (ok I'm not going to know for sure until I take it on it's maiden shoot tomorrow), the woodwork is beautiful (well to me and my joiners mind anyway). Let's hope I can shoot this gun, that seems to have appeared from the dark side, as straight as my browning tomorrow, which to be fair isn't that straight :hunter:   

I didn't know they did a sprorting version of the 690 either, I'd always assumed the 690 was the field version of the 692.

Congrats on the new gun though, hope you get out to enjoy it soon.

I wish my wife would buy me a new gun for Christmas....mind you she'd probably offer as they're only £70........

A couple of quick shots with the phone then.

http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-2338-0-37869800-1416731077.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-2338-0-65510800-1416731115.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-2338-0-46738500-1416731139.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 0
Very nice wood! I also thought the 690 was just the game version of 692. Must look out for this.

Looks the same as the Field 690, very nice wood a hell of a lot better than the drift wood that i´ve seen on a lot of new Berettas this year.

Don´t like light coloured wood on Guns.

Cracking looking gun; saw these being made at the factory in September. Think that there might be a black actioned option in the works too, unless they binned that idea?

Thanks folks, shot it today at my local club and shot my average so pretty happy with that on the first outing. Gonna get a couple more outings with it and then have an hour or two with a coach to iron out some of the many creases in my shooting and hopefully continue my steady rate of improvement  :hunter:

I'm pretty sure I saw one of these at John Knibbs'.  Must say it did look VERY nice, and I'm not a huge fan of Beretta's these days. 

EDIT: Just checked their website and yes it was a 690 Sport III :good:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the first time Iv even heard of this gun, I shot one of the first 687s sporting for years I preferred it over the 682s, and it looks like beretta have done it again that's a much nicer looking gun than the 692, that wood is on par with the DT's

Nice gun and nice piece of wood 

It's the first time Iv even heard of this gun, I shot one of the first 687s sporting for years I preferred it over the 682s, and it looks like beretta have done it again that's a much nicer looking gun than the 692, that wood is on par with the DT's
thats the only one I've seen with nice wood look on gun trader and all the 690's have crap wood on them 

Nice gun and nice piece of wood 

thats the only one I've seen with nice wood look on gun trader and all the 690's have crap wood on them 
The one I saw at Knibbs also has pretty wood on it. Maybe (cynical) the first few out are being sent out with decent timber to stimulate interest/sales? 

Latest posts

Back