Question about MSA Sordin electronic ear muffs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john1234

Hello

I am thinking of buying a pair of the MSa Sordin Supreme ear muffs, I am just wondering if the gel cushion upgrades are worth it? Do the gel cushions help to reduce the sound level even further or are they just a comfort thing?

I bought a pair of the Sordin Supreme Pro muffs just over a year ago after having Peltor electronics before. I've used them all year through extreme heat, and in cold and very wet with no problems with function or comfort.

I bought the gel pads at the same time and fitted them from the off, so I can't really comment on the standard pads. I will say they are now the most comfortable set of electronic earmuffs I've ever had. The sound deadening is very good too so I am happy the seal is good. The quality of the sound when turned on is the best I've heard too. One touch for on/off is so simple and less of a faff than the individual volume controls I had on the Peltors.

Money well spent for me.  :biggrin:

Last edited:
You are buying the best defenders at quite some expense so why not go all the way and get the gel pads. I have them and they are so much more comfortable than any other cans I have owned or used. I also think the gel pads give a better seal around glasses frames than the standard foam inserts.

I'd say the gels are slightly better at noise attenuation than the standard pads, the part of the pad which presses against your head is flat on the gels and curved on the standards, so I think it gives a slightly better seal as there seems to be more contact area between the pad and your head.  Also I found they fit over your glasses better.

Well I went for it and ordered the Sordin pro this morning plus a set of gel pads. Hopefully I will not be disappointed
I'd interested to hear what you think about the difference between the pads fitted and the gel pads.

The MSA bins came highly recommended to me and I also thought twice before paying out so much. But I am glad I did. ideally things only need buying once, and so far (I've had mine for 5 years now) I have never thought of swapping them. in that time I have had 3 gun changes :fie:   Can't see me swapping the CG now either though :biggrin:

Well I tested them out today and they are absolutely fantastic, better than I ever expected. The sound deadening is excellent and they are so comfortable with the gel seals. Highly recommended.

Well I tested them out today and they are absolutely fantastic, better than I ever expected. The sound deadening is excellent and they are so comfortable with the gel seals. Highly recommended.
We hate to say "we told you so".......................but...................... "we told you so!"   

Mine are brilliant too and I wouldn't be without them now. Good luck trying to wear them out.  :biggrin:  

P.S. Battery life is excellent too!

I think mine are about 7-8 years old now. Third set of batteries in. Put gel pads in about 3 years ago. All good.

Latest posts

Back