New PB at DTL Today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy S

Managed to win C class at Bisley Gun Club today on a dull grey day with a score of 96-282 which is a new PB for me.

Should have been at least one more as when I got onto peg 4 ( I started on peg 1) I hit the first bird out then started to think "I'm on for a 98 today" then I promptly missed a bird completely, doh! Hit the next one but then put the gun in the shoulder but had a complete blank on what I was doing so missed the next one. So I gave myself a quick talking too and smashed the remaining 7 birds.

I was up there today shooting proper mans sporting at Bisley shooting ground.

We could have had a catch up.

Glad you shot well.

Sporting was hard.

Well done Andy. What a shame you did that thinking thing. Thinking is no good for dtl ;)

Well done Andy ! I have still never tried DTL but take my hat of to you 96 targets hit from 100 is great going!

Thinking is no good for dtl ;)
Your right there Ian.

Well done Andy ! I have still never tried DTL but take my hat of to you 96 targets hit from 100 is great going!
John, you should find a place that does DTL it's a simple game really the bird doesn't fly very fast, around 43 mph and only goes 50 - 55 yards, however to win you need them 3 point kills as a barrel (2 points) or a loss (0 points) can put you down the leader board real quick.

It's clear you're on the spiral path.  The game teases you into thinking that "I've got this", a couple targets more every few weeks.  Pretty soon you're there looking for that 300 that just  barrreeeeely slips outta sight every time.  Sucking you deeper into the delusion that "I got this" with 1 point lost here, 1 point lost there.  

YOU'RE DOOMED !!!  

Good so far tho - besta luck bwaaaaaahahahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
John, you should find a place that does DTL it's a simple game really the bird doesn't fly very fast, around 43 mph and only goes 50 - 55 yards, however to win you need them 3 point kills as a barrel (2 points) or a loss (0 points) can put you down the leader board real quick

Andy I know that quite a few of the guys I shoot UT and OT with take part in the bigger DTL comps during the summer down here I was looking at their scores. I know these guys and they shoot quite regular 25's at UT ... your score was only a few points off their scores so I am extrapolating and saying you must be a good shot! The ground I am shooting at tomorrow has several DTL set ups but I have never seen them being used... may be better not to try it, it could be some sort of addictive discipline :)

It is John and once addicted to the quest for a 300 your sanity will not last for long.

Latest posts

Back