Non Shooters Attitudes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal79thecat

Hi all,

Im beginning to notice,after just two months of gun ownership,peoples negative attitudes towards firearms,and the people who have them.

To give you an example,i am enrolled on a dating site.I got talking to a woman,all was going fine till i mentioned i was involved in clay shooting.As soon as i mentioned it,she just vanished without trace!

Also.i have noticed that a lot of males,as well as females,are downright frightened at the thought of even being around a gun...whats all that about?

Dont people realise the fact that you have been criminally and mentally vetted by the police who check up on you,and you are probably saner and more responsible than the vast majority of people out there,including the people who villify firearms?  :fie:

I doubt the vetting part is anywhere near a non gun-person's consideration when the word gun has clicked in that mixture of fear, concern, confusion and misunderstanding when the word gun or shooting came up.
If you think that's bad, try letting someone know you tend to have a small penknife on you. True story: colleague asks whether anyone has a knife to help them get into some packaging. Produce small (less than 6cm long) Swiss army knife to assist, which is gratefully used. HR asks me the next day whether its true I carry a flick knife on me to go to client meetings. Apparently said colleague was shocked that I had a knife and reported me. Same conversation at work here in Switzerland results in an amused "five guys standing around and none of you has a knife to help me get into this box??"
Maybe you just need a different dating site. Admin, how about a ClayDate (ShootDate might just be misinterpreted :D ) section to the website?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asks if anyone has a knife and then promptly gets bent out of shape when you produce one! Why did the tw*t ask in the first place?

Thanks to the Daily Wail everyone is convinced all shotgun owners are crazed maniacs and a penknife is the sign of a deranged mind and we're all going to die tomorrow of ebola!

We are becoming an increasingly dumb society!

Did you know everyone using this Forum has to be mentally vetted.

Joking aside.

The government make millions from shooting.

There will always be narrow minded attitudes.

May be we could find you a bird on here that shoots.

Also.i have noticed that a lot of males,as well as females,are downright frightened at the thought of even being around a gun...whats all that about?
It's a well known fact that guns are able to levitate themselves, point at a chosen target and pull their own triggers without any external intervention.  Aren't they? :crazy:

I may be in the market for a new model

overweight 40 something

physically active

ohac

solvent

full gun cabinet

any takers??  :crazy:

I might know someone, but what is the Solvent for . . . ?

;)

And...back on topic.

Perhaps it might be better, to leave the hobbies question firmly in the "Longs walks, going to the cinema and eating out" camp, until you have met up a few times.

If she doesn't like long walks or going to the cinema, I have never met a woman who doesn't like an . . . xD

When I got my license through in August, I took it with me to work as I was getting my gun from an RFD near there. I showed a colleague it to show I had received it ( he knew I had been waiting for it). His response was 'you shouldn't bring that in here'

I responded with 'what am I going to do with it - paper cut somebody to death with it?' :)

Steve

It's the power of the media, but if your a country boy it's great lots more sheep to shag,

When I got my license through in August, I took it with me to work as I was getting my gun from an RFD near there. I showed a colleague it to show I had received it ( he knew I had been waiting for it). His response was 'you shouldn't bring that in here'

I responded with 'what am I going to do with it - paper cut somebody to death with it?' :)

Steve
Just goes to show the ignorance of the general public, they think they will be guilty by association with anything gun related.

Hi all,

Im beginning to notice,after just two months of gun ownership,peoples negative attitudes towards firearms,and the people who have them.

To give you an example,i am enrolled on a dating site.I got talking to a woman,all was going fine till i mentioned i was involved in clay shooting.As soon as i mentioned it,she just vanished without trace!

Dont people realise the fact that you have been criminally and mentally vetted by the police who check up on you,and you are probably saner and more responsible than the vast majority of people out there,including the people who villify firearms?  :fie:
Stop talking and dateing on social media and get out more, dont give a f--k what other people think its your life live it

Latest posts

Back