Nitedal 24g steel cartridges from Lyalvale

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackstar Ninja

Been seeing these used by a couple of guys at a local ground. The guys say their supplier has run out and can't get anymore and apart from a shop in Scotland the web sheds no light on these either. Anyone heard of or even better know a supplier near South of Blighty?

Steel..............Ooooooooooh .......no thanks..!!

. well as a rule I don't dabble with steel but there's a ground in Deepest darkest Kent that only allows steel and having seen the performance of the Nitedal carts fancied a slab for a rainy day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. well as a rule I don't dabble with steel but there's a ground in Deepest darkest Kent that only allows steel and having seen the performance of the Nitedal carts fancied a slab for a rainy day!

Good luck.

I never shoot steel only grounds.....just call me lucky....I don't have to.

I wouldn't shoot a steel only ground, as far as I'm concerned it giving ground to a lead ban, I wish all shooters would stand firm on this, divided we will fall

Steel ppffttt. would not put it near my gun and nobody I know would either! I have never even seen the things down here that is the sort of reception the open toed sandal tree hugging brigade get down in France.

Been seeing these used by a couple of guys at a local ground. The guys say their supplier has run out and can't get anymore and apart from a shop in Scotland the web sheds no light on these either. Anyone heard of or even better know a supplier near South of Blighty?
They probably were the ones that Country Way in West Malling, were doing for about £112/K...I didn't like them...bit dirty and inconsistent.  They don't seem to be listing them any more.

If you HAVE to use Steel, the best I have found is Gamebore White Gold Pro Steel and only slightly dearer than Super Steel...especially if you use 24g.  I used to shoot LOTS of Pro Steel at the very ground you are referring to...great cartridge.

For those that don't know; the ground he is referring to HAD to become steel only in 1991, as the marsh land that backs onto the ground, became an SSSI / Nature Reserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steel ppffttt. would not put it near my gun and nobody I know would either! I have never even seen the things down here that is the sort of reception the open toed sandal tree hugging brigade get down in France.
A lot of northern europe is steel only for clays and live quarry IIRC 

Amazing I asked one simple and seriously it was a simple question and low and behold people start going on about what they would and wouldn't put in their guns, where they would and wouldn't shoot and now out comes a Fecking map of Europe!

And an inaccurate one too :laugh:

Last edited:
The OP did ask for a source for the shells he wants.

That shouldn't provoke anyone to pour out their own prejudices which are irrelevant to the thread; most of which we have all heard before.

If he wants to shoot them, its his decision.

Chronic Sciatica!

Feeling grumpy due to undue pain.

Scan next week and back consultant the week after!

Can't shoot any discipline at present.

Latest posts

Back