Pet Likes!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylye

Its easy to be negative and seemingly miserable, at least thats what it looks like on the other topic, so why don't we try and find some likes and some more positive aspects to this sport we all enjoy? 

Likes? How about the look on a novices face when he breaks his first clay?

I bet this doesn't run for as long as the other one!

When you watch the youngsters improve - here I'm thinking particularly of Charlie - Steve' Lovett's youngest who shot a stand at Westonwood on Sunday and made AAA shooters look like novices - he was so relaxed and made it look so easy.

God where do I start?

1. Shooting a personal best

2. Straightening a stand

3. Winning some money

4. Being out in the sunshine

5. Making LOTS of new friends

6. Going to new grounds

7. Getting help from an Olmpic gold medallist....How cool is that?

8. Learning a new method of shooting like when I had my time with Gebben

9. Bumping into friends at different competitions around the country

10. Writing lists......

I love it all.....

Taking your first sip of a really decent malt.....Still got one bottle of the 72 left Ian

:nyam:   :nyam:   :nyam:

Met a young lad yesterday, I think he was 14, George Owen, shot his first 100 straight in English Skeet Saturday and I shot my first registered pb of 99/100 yesterday

You could see how happy he was, it was great to see

Much better topic, too much negativity, stay positive!

Also love going to new grounds and shooting with welcoming shooters, nothing better!!!

That's a great list Jennie up to point 6 but 7 & 8 I can't lay claim to yet; 9 is also good for me

However I do like it when people can see that I am a clay shooting numpty and let me know if I need more lead, am over the top, below or even in front.

I love watching people who shoot and make it look easy though that applies to most sports.

I also like gun shopping even if its only window shopping!

I could easily spend a lot more time and money on shooting

I like my club badge, shoot clay badge and CPSA badge which my wife kindly sewed onto my skeet vest!

Something positive.

I had really struggled with this game lately and was thinking of giving it up.

The amount of people who gave me a good talking too and offered help restored my faith in the shooting community!

Fingers crossed I am through the worse. Which was celebrated at gunsite with a little dance

That's a great list Jennie up to point 6 but 7 & 8 I can't lay claim to yet; 9 is also good for me

However I do like it when people can see that I am a clay shooting numpty and let me know if I need more lead, am over the top, below or even in front.

I love watching people who shoot and make it look easy though that applies to most sports.

I also like gun shopping even if its only window shopping!

I could easily spend a lot more time and money on shooting

I like my club badge, shoot clay badge and CPSA badge which my wife kindly sewed onto my skeet vest!
Don't let the "other " thread read this !!

Something positive.

I had really struggled with this game lately and was thinking of giving it up.

The amount of people who gave me a good talking too and offered help restored my faith in the shooting community!

Fingers crossed I am through the worse. Which was celebrated at gunsite with a little dance
I wish I had seen the dance....

As a relatively newbie, I do like the way there are so many people who happily give you guidance/help. As with any sport, there are a few miserable people but in my experience there are many more that are happy to help/encourage you on your shooting journey... I'm a bit rubbish and don't shoot anywhere near as much as I would like but still get a massive buzz from breaking clays and hope that one day I'll be able to shoot a bit more...

Number one on my list would be meeting and shooting with like minded people who in a very short period of time feel like old friends  :nyam:

I love (hate) the fact i shoot with guys in their 80's who cant walk and will regularly shoot straights........

Also the fact that everyone i have ever met at a trap ground has been pretty nice (some take a bit of warming to/warming up)

And I'm not ashamed to admit it, a women who can handle a shotgun.

Passing on years of experience when asked to do so.

Competing and travelling to new venues

Pulling the trigger when I want to and where I like to.

Seeing the happy faces when someone wins big for the first time.

pet like ?? shooting, some more shooting and more shooting !! pet hate being physically unable at times to shoot

Its easy to be negative and seemingly miserable, at least thats what it looks like on the other topic, so why don't we try and find some likes and some more positive aspects to this sport we all enjoy? 

Likes? How about the look on a novices face when he breaks his first clay?

I bet this doesn't run for as long as the other one!
Cheer up....it might do (don't be a tad miserable and negative) all the posters will be happy to say what is great about this sport.

Your post said likes so what are the others after the novice and his first clay?

Latest posts

Back