CENS Proflex Competition

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavna

Thinking of getting a pair of these, does anybody have a pair? Would be interested to hear the thoughts of people who've bought them rather than the people selling them. What are they like dealing with wind noise? Whats the battery life like? Are they any good?

I have them, I also have a pair of peltor spot tac. The sense sound quality is not as good as the peltors neither do they deal with wind noise as well as the peltors, I use mine 2-3 times a week aand batteries will last 2-3 weeks as they discharged even when not Being used. The cens are very comfortable but if I had my time again I would buy the cens without digital units or emtecs.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 5 years old Cens digitals are packed up ready to be returned tomorrow. I have had a few issues with them, BUT when they are working correctly, they are very good. I was left deaf after a minor stroke and have found the Cens invaluable over my previous Emtechs (which I still have). If you are not hard of hearing, why not try the Cens passives ? They can always be converted to digitals at a later date, should you feel the need. Being deaf already, my situation may be different to your own, but, I have never been able to shoot wearing even the most expensive of the 'can' variety, although I do wear them if Instructing or Reffing. I hope this is of some help to you in your choice and good luck. W.

Thanks for the response guys, I've got a pair of solid Squidgy plugs from Ultimate Ears. They're excellent in blocking noise but it can be difficult to have conversations whilst wearing them. I've also got a pair of their Reactear plugs, these are better to hear people talking but do suffer from wind noise on windy days. I think I'll hold off on the Cens for the time being and make due with what I've already got.

Just an update, I had a telephone call from Cens confirming the arrival of my 'plugs'. They have examined them and they require some major surgery, but they have been well used and are 5 years old. An estimate for £140 + which includes return postage and a turn around of about 10 days. As I have stated, being deaf I have found the Cens to be better than my electronic 'cans' and I have not been aware of any excessive wind noise, at a cost of around £30 p.a. plus batteries.

GAVNA,

The Emtech soft plugs that I have are fitted with a valve type thingy, which allows conversation to be heard. They were also issued to Police Motorcyclists, to protect their hearing and they were able to hear the radio whilst wearing them. One slight problem with all of the in ear defenders, do not try eating any thing 'crunchy' whilst wearing them !

My CENS were returned to me today, a very quick turnaround. Hope to use them this weekend so will see how they perform. Total cost £144.99p.

I've had the Proflex Competition for about 4 months now and I love them.

Not cheap but I can't get on with the over the head defenders and the normal push in ones are good for stopping noise but rubbish for trying to have a chat with anyone.

Just to finalise on my previous ramblings. I used my Cens for the first time yesterday, after service and return by Cens. I have to say that they are superb and I had not realised that they had deteriorated so much over their 5 years of use and I suppose, some abuse. Compared to electronic 'cans' they are expensive to buy and maintain, BUT, they are much better in use than any other electronic devices that I have used.

gavna i know you dont want the opinion of any retailers on your thread but what are you using cens comps for?

if its comp clay shooting then you can get wind cheaters for your cens if its extremely windy or on comps you could just press mute!, if you want electronics that can deal with a lot of wind noise a lot of the time (deer stalking on moors etc) then hunters are the product for you. if you want advice without a hard sell have a look at our site or call the office.

rgds steve

Latest posts

Back