EJ Churchill ESP registered shoot 2.10.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

One of the mildest October shoots ever? Should be great.

Entry times are now 10am to 2pm, no booking required.

Oh and they have a Macmillan cake sale on, so come hungry.

See some of you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you said 10-2 as it's normally later. I might go early doors then .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Their website specifically says that the Oct 2nd shoot entries are until 4pm.

Why don't they just leave the start time alone.

Avoids all the traffic issues caused when shoots start at 2.

It's as bad as putting the clocks back and forth.

Well that wasn't my day! Had a bit of cake to console myself. :) (But no lunch otherwise..)

I found that tricky, shooting a good few below my running average, but others seemed less troubled by it, so fair play to them. Some very close tricky stuff and a fair few edgy fast things.

That's two dodgy shoots in a row for me.. So hopefully I am transformed before the weekend (county shoot). The 95 that was leading when I left I feel won't be beaten..

I started the day all wrong.

My wife blew her engine on the RAV 4.

Went to her work- listened to it - yes sounds expensive. £3000 ish. Got AA out. Car at dealers.

That was before 09.00.

Went to Churchills, avoided the cake. The shoot was close and very technical.

All the targets I occasionally come across else wear and come a cropper on we're here.

Close crossing, quartering, incoming, horrible rabbits. Slow shi*** angled stuff, Etc.

Anything normal I hit.

Did not enjoy it.

95 is great --- my score 68.

My mind was elsewhere in my wallet.

Wish I had the cake now.

Yes.. I started the day with a business meeting at 9am. I'm blaming that for removing my shooting focus. (Clinging to anything now..)

Well that wasn't my day! Had a bit of cake to console myself. :) (But no lunch otherwise..)

I found that tricky, shooting a good few below my running average, but others seemed less troubled by it, so fair play to them. Some very close tricky stuff and a fair few edgy fast things.

That's two dodgy shoots in a row for me.. So hopefully I am transformed before the weekend (county shoot). The 95 that was leading when I left I feel won't be beaten..
2 shoots in a row below par Will????  :fie:

About time to change gun/chokes/cartridges/comb/glasses/hat/vest/trigger position/poi/poa/underpants/socks etc.etc.etc. (Delete as appropriate). 

Welcome to my world!    :biggrin:

2 shoots in a row below par Will???? :fie:

About time to change gun/chokes/cartridges/comb/glasses/hat/vest/trigger position/poi/poa/underpants/socks etc.etc.etc. (Delete as appropriate).

Welcome to my world! :biggrin:
I did march straight into the gun room.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It was horrible. Almost every stand I thought sh**. It must get better but it didn't.

Churchills is getting a bit of a rep for this sort of shoot.

Straighted driven and most of the bottom.

2 stands I only hit 1 on that's 14 away!!

Even stand 1 was awkward.

Business meetings don't help nor does £ signs in the eyes when I should be looking at clays.

What did you get Will?

i thought that was a tricky shoot , i shot 91 and missed 3 on the simo rabbits but edge on running away from you are always a lottery 

the just sloppy singles away but straighted stand one which was a hard stand in anyones book 

but a good day as always 

I ended on 82. No big disaster anywhere, just tatty on most stands, with several 3 away. Went to stand 1 to start as it's usually tame. Not today!

Latest posts

Back