Beretta 682 Gold E Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris-L

Hi folks, I'm after a bit of info regarding a lovely second hand Beretta 682 Gold E Trap I've just bought.

The guns a 32" multi choke flat rib model, but I've noticed it's not got the ventilated side ribs that my sporter has. Not that it matters mind, but I thought all the Gold E's had ventilated side ribs? It's a 2007 build gun according to the barrel markings.

Cheers

Chris.

I thought they all had ventilated mid ribs too ! Just looked on Guntrader and the only 682E described as a Trap model also appears to have a solid rib but the picture isn't clear as it only shows a tiny part of the barrels. 

It may be that Beretta decided to make the Trap barrels heavier by not venting the centre ribs ?!

Possibly Hamster, pretty sure the solid rib ends more towards the chamber as well. I'll have a look tomorrow and compare against a sporter.

Mines fitted with a barrel selector too. Not something I thought the trap models were fitted with? Weren't they locked with a small grub screw?

just looking at Beretta catalogue, 682Gold E Trap with ellipsis engraving def. shows vented side ribs. Picture of 682EX not clear enough to tell for sure.

post-1995-0-87006300-1410907929.jpg

Looks like this is fitted with a solid side rib.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 0
Possibly Hamster, pretty sure the solid rib ends more towards the chamber as well. I'll have a look tomorrow and compare against a sporter.

Mines fitted with a barrel selector too. Not something I thought the trap models were fitted with? Weren't they locked with a small grub screw?
If that is the case then defo an attempt to make the overall weight higher as one of the distinct features of the E is the fact that Beretta altered the handling compared to the old 682 by not having any mid rib where the fore end meets the barrels.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Looks like this is fitted with a solid side rib.
Another thought, could this have been retro fitted with say 686 barrels or something ? I don't know the fitting implications but there must be a model that doesn't typically have ventilated ribs.

I had an early 686 trap gun in the mid 80's that had solid side ribs, I think the later ones went with ventilated the same as the rest of the 686 range.

That pic is of a 686E which did not have vented barrel, all the 682e trap barrels (and indeed the sporting as far as I know) had vented barrels but as Hammy correctly states it is not a full length vent. If you have a 682e with none vented barrel with selector then you actually have a gold e sporting action with 686e trap barrel. At least that is how I would interpret your post. I have to say though that this sounds a very strange scenario.

Just checked out the serial number with GMK. The gun was sold with 32" Optima multi chokes originally. As mine has. Mine is also fitted with the replaceable barrels shoulders, I believe the 686 didn't have this?

The barrel and action serial numbers also match.

Closer pic of the above gun pic.
post-1995-0-19326100-1410941856.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0
My lads 682 Gold E X trap deffo has vented barrels but then again it is a 90's gun (I think?)

DT

Tis very strange.
No Not really Ian!!! The fact that it has a barrel selector is strange as I've never seen a Beretta trap gun with one. Then there is the grip, it looks rather an open radius for a Beretta trap gun and from what I can see of the very small amount of comb it seems to have a lot of angle to it at the nose. The label attached to the gun in the pic states the following....."Sporter Adj Stock" !!!!  So that is not a trap gun!!!!

PS......GMK would know if the gun was sold as a trap or a sporter!

Last edited by a moderator:
Les

i mean strange that its sposed to be a 682 but not vented barell, i have never seen 682 solid only seen solid 686 barell. Unless Mr beretta had some spare solid barrels and chucked em on hoping we would not notice. Cant see pic very well as on mobile now but i will take your word for it re the stock and concur with selector being a sporting thing never seen one on a 682 trap.

Hang on something just occurred to me i wonder if its one of those hybrid "electrocibles"models ?

Hang on something just occurred to me i wonder if its one of those hybrid "electrocibles"models ?
Well I would think that an electrocibles gun would not be a trap.......or would it?  Anyway GMK would know what sort of gun it is I would assume! The gun in the picture is definately a sporter as far as I can tell. The label on the gun even says so and in the bigger picture the amount pitch seems quite severe for a trap gun.

PS.....just had a quick look around the net and can't find an electrocibles version anywhere mate! Did they make one? I think they did DT electrocibles versions, not heard of a 682 version though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Les, I spoke to GMK this morning who confirmed my gun was sold in 2007 as a trap variant with 32" multi-choked Optima barrels. They also confirmed that the gun hadn't been back to them for replacement barrels. No mention of the barrel selector though.

The selector on mine is the same that would be found on the sporter, no sign of a grub screw being removed.

Did the ZZ/double Trap barrels have ventilated side ribs?

Hi Les, I spoke to GMK this morning who confirmed my gun was sold in 2007 as a trap variant with 32" multi-choked Optima barrels. They also confirmed that the gun hadn't been back to them for replacement barrels. No mention of the barrel selector though.

The selector on mine is the same that would be found on the sporter, no sign of a grub screw being removed.

Did the ZZ/double Trap barrels have ventilated side ribs?
MMMmmm.....all very curious! I can't even find any info on the ZZ/Double Trap versions on the net. I've had several Beretta trap guns over the years and none have had a barrel selector. Have you got any actual pics of your gun? I know nothing about the ZZ or Double Trap variants to be honest. GMK are probably the only ones who would really know, but you can get an idea of what's what from the shape of the stock and the range of the adjustment in the comb.

When i get home i will look through my old beretta catalogues see if i can get to the bottom of it.

So to clarify

we have solid barell

both multi

And a selector ?

There should be a stamp on they barrel designating trap ?

It is possible that someone specd it to order and gone off piste so to speak.

Latest posts

Back