british open sporting and sportrap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lovatt

this is all coming along nicely now all traps in place , ground looks good so fingers crossed for good weather .

those of you that know the ground know that its quite flat so easy walking around and i have overcome the height issue with hiring in 7 cherry picers of differing heights so thoser who are shooting it are in for another good shoot .

been doing the sportrap layouts today and have to confess i havnt set a sportrap for some time so am i correct in thinking a high gun of around 85 ish is good ??????

the sportrap is fully booked now and there are a few spaces left on the sporting event 

see you all at churchills on saturday steve

been doing the sportrap layouts today and have to confess i havnt set a sportrap for some time so am i correct in thinking a high gun of around 85 ish is good ??????
Even I can shoot 85 once in a while, would have thought wants to be a bit harder.

Having shot a pleasing 86 on Sunday at Garlands ( some great targets in the field on the corner by the way) I am shooting the inter counties and World Allround to screw things up this weekend but I guess it might help with Sporttrap right??

We have never shot Sporttrap in NZ, can someone give me a brief description, or point me to a web site explaining it? 

Is it a good winter discipline, shorter daylight hours and quick to get thru?

CHEERS!!

Hi Madds sportrap is shot over 25 targets , using 5 traps , and 5 shooting cages spaced 3 m apart centr to centre you letter the traps a through to e and then each cage follows a set menu which is first bird as a single full use of gun , second pair are on report and last pair are simo

It's quick to shoot a normal squad of 5 can shoot 25 in around 20 mins

Not many grounds do it regularly over here but for the British champs this year we are full up over the three days

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks Steve clear as a fine consomme, sounds like a great winter plan.

Sounds a wee bit like a simple (yet better in a way) version of Compak, certainly better use of pairs in the one round. 

I'm presuming there is no 'Compak' distances and it is totally at the discression of the target setter?

THANKS!!!

Back