Grease or CrispnDry on Perazzi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnylizzy

Ok....... Not quite but I am curious as to what grease you Perazzi owners use and where you apply it???? I know Perazzi do a good grease but I wanted to see if anyone uses a more easily accessible, off the hardware shop shelf sort of a grease. I've seen Teflon greases, Lithium greases, Copper greases, etc. Any advantages or disadvantages from one product to another? Any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Clenzoil liquid and HPJ. Job done. Not local hardware stuff but it works a treat. Nothing else goes on my Perazzi.

Still using the tube they gave me when I bought it. Reapply every shoot and I bought the gun when I was 42. I will be 78 by the time the grease runs out.

I find grease hard to clean off completely, attract grit can work like sandpaper unless you are scrupulously clean after each shoot! I read in the U.S. they use engine oil on there machine guns, so I use Castrol Edge fully synthetic 5/30 oil, works great, slightly sticky, heat resistant, and after a shoot, its still where I put it,exactly the same as at the start, unlike thin gun oil that seem to disappear!

I never go more than 200 without removal and replacement of grease. Worth it, as the gun feels superb.

Always  use grease on a Perazzi. Any high-performance grease will do the job and use it after every strip and clean. To clean off the old grease use Tetra Action Blaster which will strip all lubrication from the metal. Be sure to re-apply grease or high grade lubricant before you use the gun. Do this and it will last you a lifetime. (This also applies to other makes of gun but the thread is about Perazzis)

guns do not need grease  ------  I have never used grease on my Perazzis and have no intention of ever doing so.  Motor oil is for motors, not guns

There are a number of teflon loaded high pressure oils, TriFlow as an example.  The same kinda stuff is marketed as gun lube and costs about 100X as much in tiny containers.  Any decent auto parts store will have TriFlow.  I have a large spray can that I've had for about ten years now.  Works great on bicycle chains too.

We had problems with a DT10 not opening.

Simple grease job in the right places and it was fixed.

Grease both now when cleaning.

I use a high mp brake grease on mine made by Mintex... don't know if its the right thing to do but it is lubrication and the only grease I have. I use Teflon oil for the top lever and trigger though.

I would be really interested to know just what level of lubrication is required for the very slow moving parts of a shotgun, surely any lubrication would do? Not as though there is any incredible heat build up on hinge pins and the like is there?

guns do not need grease  ------  I have never used grease on my Perazzis and have no intention of ever doing so.  Motor oil is for motors, not guns

There are a number of teflon loaded high pressure oils, TriFlow as an example.  The same kinda stuff is marketed as gun lube and costs about 100X as much in tiny containers.  Any decent auto parts store will have TriFlow.  I have a large spray can that I've had for about ten years now.  Works great on bicycle chains too.
Motor oil is probably the most researched oil there is, keep you car going for thousands of miles at high temperature! Got to be as good as any! But will try TryFlo.

Motor oil is probably the most researched oil there is, keep you car going for thousands of miles at high temperature! Got to be as good as any! But will try TryFlo.
Absolutely right - and it is great for motors.  But it has about a jillion additives that guns do not need.  Plain old non-additive laden gun oil is just as good for guns as anyone needs.  I prefer the teflon loaded types for the friction reduction and impact resistance.  

Absolutely right - and it is great for motors.  But it has about a jillion additives that guns do not need.  Plain old non-additive laden gun oil is just as good for guns as anyone needs.  I prefer the teflon loaded types for the friction reduction and impact resistance.
Wonko, good to see you know a bit about oil. Gearbox oil has even more additives; not sure the addititives are detrimental though, merely a more expensive oil?

Well specific duty lubes abound and I have no qualm about using them for those specific duties.  Easy to use spray cans of rust inhibiting teflon loaded high pressure lubes just make my life simple.  and my guns happy.  who needs more than that?

Well I have a foot in both camps if i am honest....and i am not really 'into' polishing the life out of Mrs P...unless she gets wet....

But....

This weekend after shooting....I thought i would give her the once over (normally she only get a fluffy rod through because i shoot clean cartridges).....

So it is spray the Clenzoil foam on everything.....including half the table.....it is good fun that expanding foam oil....it gets in everywhere... :laugh: which it is supposed to do.

They a real good wipe down......and i swear ...she winks at me and glistens a bit more than before.

But....

When i next get to the shooting ground....she gets greased on the particular bits needed....before she is put together.

Like Will....I am still on one tube.....but i also bought the Clenzoil grease too....(in the incy wincy tiny little pot). So sometimes she gets P grease and sometimes she gets C grease.

Either way......she is safe.

The thing i like about Clenzoil is that you never wipe everything off....so protection is always there.

Their slightly bigger little screw top tub with the eye makeup pads soaked in their oil are also fab to wipe on before shooting in the rain.......just saying.

Note....before some random j-ck comes on and says i am sponsored by Clenzoil....the answer is.....NO....I like it so i pay for it....true story (and it lasts bloody ages...even if i foam everything in sight if i have not got my reading glasses on).

:wink:

Still using the same tube of grease that I got with my Perazzi.

When talking to the Perazzi gunsmith when the gun was getting an annual service his comment was it didn't matter if it was grease or oil as long as it was cleaned off after shooting and reapplied fresh the next day.

His other comment was only use a thin film on the touching surfaces, so that the oil or grease doesn't attract and hold any dust or grit. Especially on the main bearing surface as this can be easily damaged if any grit gets between this and the forewood iron.

Latest posts

Back