gun fit with John Jefferies

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evoracer

Went to see John yesterday to get my gun fitted.

needless to say it was miles out and still is a tiny bit out due to being at the maximum of the possible adjustments. 

I'll shoot it this weekend and see how it feels.

at the moment it doesn't look pretty but practicability  overrules that at present 

I either need 

a new adjuster with more cast and comb height

or a custom comb 

post-2162-0-39366900-1406741672.jpg

post-2162-0-72362400-1406741673.jpg

Attachments

• 10525987_10152638906398594_2883577089855701659_n.jpg
    10525987_10152638906398594_2883577089855701659_n.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 10525879_10152638906978594_905417272313529993_n.jpg
    10525879_10152638906978594_905417272313529993_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0
A friend of mine is having just the same problem with a DT11 sporter adjustable. He has his at full height and it is still a few mm low, he was considering getting some custom pegs made with more adjustment, but could be difficult. GMK were no help at all to him when he ask them for any options. The problem is getting a custom comb to match the rest of the wood. He would be interested to see which way you go from here.

Best of luck.

I thought my makeshift comb raiser was weird (folded towel)!

What ever works until the final solution is found is good.  

@evoracer who sold you the gun in the first place? Even a rudimentary knowledge of gun fit would have led to the conclusion that it was a poor fit.

Can we have a photo of you? Your 7" high neck and 4" wide face has to be worth seeing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All joking apart.. Did JJ get you to stand correctly (or praise your existing stance) before modifying the gun? I would assume he must have, but that just looks extreme. No gun fits somebody who doesn't stand like a shooter..

I do not know what system Beretta use for their adjustable comb, but I remember getting an Engineer to turn out some 'longer' pegs for one of the original Alan Rhone conversions on a Beretta Trap gun. Prior to that being done the user had the comb set at it's limit, which was so high it actually dropped off during use. Surely there must be someone out there with the required knowledge and expertise to extend the legs of your existing comb for a lot less money than actually making a new comb.

A friend of mine is having just the same problem with a DT11 sporter adjustable. He has his at full height and it is still a few mm low, he was considering getting some custom pegs made with more adjustment, but could be difficult. GMK were no help at all to him when he ask them for any options. The problem is getting a custom comb to match the rest of the wood. He would be interested to see which way you go from here.

Best of luck.
well there's a few options matching will be a massive head ache so i'm kind of thinking keep the original comb have a custom one made and having it contrasting carbon wrapped, airbrushed, dipped or alike no point trying to match it just et out there and shoot it!  

@evoracer who sold you the gun in the first place? Even a rudimentary knowledge of gun fit would have led to the conclusion that it was a poor fit.

how on earth did you shoot it ?     who sold you it  stevie wonder ,      did you ever hit a clay .   
I'm not out to blame anyone I was happy enough with it, hitting around 70% I think I just learnt to shoot it not I want to chase a few more if this helps great! 

All joking apart.. Did JJ get you to stand correctly (or praise your existing stance) before modifying the gun? I would assume he must have, but that just looks extreme. No gun fits somebody who doesn't stand like a shooter..

yeah I had to stance mount gun down mount gun down mount lot's then shoot some! needless to say i had arm ache

I do not know what system Beretta use for their adjustable comb, but I remember getting an Engineer to turn out some 'longer' pegs for one of the original Alan Rhone conversions on a Beretta Trap gun. Prior to that being done the user had the comb set at it's limit, which was so high it actually dropped off during use. Surely there must be someone out there with the required knowledge and expertise to extend the legs of your existing comb for a lot less money than actually making a new comb.
a poor one! it's not the best you have to slide shims over the posts to gain height! also my stock key won't go in because of the comb screws going into the void where the key goes down a right PITA 

i think these look better than the beretta bfast system 

I've got a lathe if you want a couple of pegs turned up. Simple job.
 thanks for the offer i'll keep it in mind i'm trying to think of the easiest way to get a bit more cast as it needs a few mm! 

Looks like your shooting left handed with a right hand gun. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing thats not a Berretta factory option?

My 682, has a flat centre section which you can adjust height , then adjusters which allow for cast either way 

You can see it here

'>
682goldememory_big.jpg

:santa:

Latest posts

Back