First 100 straight DTL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipey

Had a great weekend of shooting, managed my first 100 straight in DTL yesterday, shot 100/294! I'm really pleased as progress as been quick, only been shooting DTL since the end of last year that includes a 4 month break at the start of the year whilst working on my first house. It's also been a steep learning curve as when I started back I treated myself to a DT10X and deciding to use a high gun hold but that decision now seems justified!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get anywhere close to that today, as partly thinking about yesterday score and partly because my gun fit isn't quite right and it occasionally bites me (bruises near armpit) and after two days shooting it becomes very sore. I have the same mount as my previous DT10 Sporter, but I think the slightly wider stock is causing the problem. So I think a visit to Dennis Stepney is in order this week to try and sort it out before it causes other problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very well done you never forget your first straight well shot you.

Well done to you Snipey. Now the monkey is off you back watch um roll in! Next stop 100/300 !

Dt

Congratulations. Must feel very good, I hope to emulate that score one day, still trying for a straight 25.

Will you now try ABT or UT?

That's the hope DT, once I can get the gun fit gets sorted; I can get on with getting some decent scores together for the England team selections next year!

Thanks AW13, keep practising and you'll get there! Nope, no fast trap for me....yet; I know full well that I can't shoot multiple disciplines to the level that I want I.e England team, so until that day I will just focus on one!

Well done Snipey.

What ground did you shoot your hundred? I ask because I know you are from Exeter too and thought it might be local?

Excellent result bet your very pleased, was it in a comp or practise?

My scores are going the wrong way........ And i have been to see Mr Stepney..... Might be time to take up tiddlywinks for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting the 100 is a great feeling, hitting them all with the first barrel will come in time. Congratulations☺

Latest posts

Back