Not a good weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Drove up to the Troy Foods Classic on. Friday evening , beautiful Westfield Ground, fantastic summers day Saturday, lovely scenery.

Shot like a total muppet. Couldn't hit a dustbin lid, worst scores I've ever had.

Still the Saturday evening BBQ and Jaccuzzi party at friends in Hereford sort of balanced it all out.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have them, had one myself today.

There's always next weekend.

Hope didn't get your burger soggy!

BURGER! Sacrilege. Rib eye is the only way to enjoy a proper BBQ, that and a good full bodied Rioja or two!

"that and a good full bodied Rioja or two!"

good and Rioja in the same sentence nice one !

edit

just because they put a bit of gold coloured barbed wire round the bottle it does not make it good ... but to each their own or are you just meaning " a good Rioja" not actually a good wine :)

Woah Woah Woah Old Kiddie..........

You started claying in February and entered what was probably going to be the most technical Fitasc shoot of the year and you didn't shoot as well as you would have liked ?

Who shot the only 10 straight on the pool last Thursday evening........you did.

Dave P told us both, 30k shells to fully get used to a new gun, you're only a third of the way through that!

Keep at it and enjoy yourself but don't be so hard on yourself at this VERY early stage.

See you Thursday evening at Shoreham mate........sausages & burgers it will be xD  

"30k shells to fully get used to a new gun"

Honestly 30 thousand shells! My god there is hope for me yet :) I had a crap day yesterday as well so I can rest easy I have only put about 2 thousand through her !

To be fair it is easy to be down cast after a bad day and I have had a couple these past two weekends but let's just wait for the next one :) best of luck!

Simbo is so right. The Troy FITASC is set to be difficult - the best shooters in the country are shooting it and it's set to test THEM. The rest of us are there because we're masochists

My first reg comp was a stunning 20ex100,  you can read the report on here if you search .,

Last week i was crap,  and i mean crap,  barn door and dustbin lids springs to mind.

This morning the complete opposite 20ex26 & 18ex26

we have good days, very good days,  and days that leave you wondering :)

:santa:

30,000 I should get used to my gun in 2018 then all being well. Imagine how many more ill be hitting!

Woah Woah Woah Old Kiddie..........

You started claying in February and entered what was probably going to be the most technical Fitasc shoot of the year and you didn't shoot as well as you would have liked ?

Who shot the only 10 straight on the pool last Thursday evening........you did.

Dave P told us both, 30k shells to fully get used to a new gun, you're only a third of the way through that!

Keep at it and enjoy yourself but don't be so hard on yourself at this VERY early stage.

See you Thursday evening at Shoreham mate........sausages & burgers it will be xD
:) And after last Thursday guess where I'll be tomorrow! I have a meeting planned with a certain chap who has a few traps set up in a field just outside Alfriston!

The more I think of it the more I think that I shot poorly in order to justify looking at one of those lovely HPX's :) :)

Don't get me wrong folks, I had a great day out. Met a nice bunch of blokes ( well mostly :) ) Spent the day in the sunshine and we got a weekend away from work together for the first time in a long time. Chances are we may get a few more!

46% is not too bad!

For what it's worth I would STRONGLY advise not looking at another gun, particularly a very expensive one, one the back of one shoot. As has been pointed out, those targets will have been pretty far removed from what you are used to at club level and believe me, changing gums will not make you hit any more!

For what it's worth I would STRONGLY advise not looking at another gun, particularly a very expensive one, one the back of one shoot. As has been pointed out, those targets will have been pretty far removed from what you are used to at club level and believe me, changing gums will not make you hit any more!
+1 & well shot at the FITASC Ed

Latest posts

Back