Bisley ESP reg 27.7.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Worth a review as it is such a rarity (or first ever)?

We went at 1pm, which meant we whizzed round nicely. This was very different from many shoots for several reasons. There were 15 stands, so missing was costly when only 3 pairs. The other feature I found awkward / unusual / costly was that so many clays had to be shot quickly before they disappeared behind a tree or into some undergrowth. To be fair, there was enough time, but the kill point just often seemed to have foliage rushing up, causing me to slow the gun on several occasions. Hey, all good experience of something different, but it uneased me today. I finished on 88, but felt I was pretty tatty at times. GD was out late and I feel he will do a 97, let's see.

All in all it was a decent course. Perhaps not my preferred balance, which is to have mostly medium hardness stands. Instead there were quite a lot of easy stands, plus several much harder ones.

On balance, something new, quite local to me, a bit different. I will go again if they do more.

I shot this for the first time today too, really enjoyed the different stands, shot a 53 which is good for me.!

Does anyone know if Bisley put the scores up anywhere..?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I posted this elsewhere on the forum but I'll post it again as it belongs here:
Bisley Registered:
Never a good idea to shoot after you've had a blazing row with your shooting partner. (And if it's your husband it's even worse as he still not talking to me)(This is why you usually see me shooting on my own. It's easier and I can concentrate on my shooting)
Anyway enough of my matrimonial c**p. I like Bisley Shooting Ground. It's where I learnt to shoot (with John Heagren- who appears to still be driving the Morgan he won at the Strathstone 7 or whatever it was called) and it's where I regularly won lady high gun for many months and years which allowed me to feel good about my shooting. Nice staff, good members shoots but usually about 10 easier than your average registered as they allow for keeping all their learner shooters happy as well as the experienced. So normally 7 nice stands and 3 tougher ones or the equivalent over 12 stands.
Today they put on 15 stands which was a good idea as they expected and got a big turn out. First entries at 9 which meant the punters turned up at 8.30 to book in and the staff turned up at 8.59 faced with a queue of 30-40 people. Whoops.
The shoot was at Cottesloe Heath which is the nicer of their 2 grounds.
Bisley refs have usually been quite good but a few were getting flustered. Initially one was giving everyone 4 pairs when his stand was 3pairs, a couple were struggling with the number of cards - some of the queues were 15 deep. Anyway good range of targets, some difficult especially down at the end stands where they have more space.
Stand 3 had a tricky crosser that flummoxed a lot of people ( I have a good look at other people's cards as I go around.) A juicy pair of sim loopers that I was not ready for (I was still thinking of shooting my other half instead), a nice fast distant midi crosser, then another dropping crosser that everyone seemed to be missing as they were shooting it late - I nailed it by taking it early.
Anyway a good shoot with good targets and it was nice to see George D turning up towards the end - lots of familiar faces there. Those that are regulars at Bisley and the others that are regulars on the registered circuit in the South-east. I hope those unfamiliar with the ground enjoyed it and I hope Bisley do it again.
I think I shot a 78. My average score at Bisley members was 88 so I guess that's about right. Without my handicap of a bad mood and a sulky husband I reckon I should have shot 80+

Thanks for that..! ( I would like it if I could find out how on tapatalk )

Right thanks, I wondered why there was a couple of score missing and have now reappeared..!

Shot it my first ever ESP reg. Sign in was a little manic with a slow card reader. Wish I had remembered to pick a drink up as clubhouse some way from the shoot. Shame they didnt have cold drinks available down there rather than posters telling you they were available at the clubhouse. A bit late by then.

Was a good balance for me for a first try. I imploded in the clearing towards the end with a 0, 2 and 3 which turned an 80 into a 70. Still I was happy with that score.

May go around again this friday for the Surrey Police Open. I believe they will be changing the layout.

Re the CPSA scores. Is there a way to see what class everyone is in?
Usually! There is a fault that means classes are missing right now. The last issue from some IT problems that were otherwise fixed yesterday.. I suspect tomorrow it will be sorted, as the very good IT bod Pete Tomlin is back there now.

Latest posts

Back