It's UT time!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

OK guys, I'm having another go at UT this Saturday, I have'nt shot much of it over the years and none of it in the past 12 years I would guess. Now I seem to remember the hold points being over each trap, so in other words hold over trap 1 at peg 1, hold over trap 3 at peg 3 etc etc.  Is this what people still do, also use a wide soft focus to cover the whole crossover area? Also any views on high or low holds?

Oh, and have they altered UT in the last 12 years?

Just got back from Cloudside Les where we had a go at setting scheme 5 in a headwind. I know Mr Venturini says hold over each trap but that might not work for everybody and I don't think he uses a K80. Try as well closer to the centre as in traps 2,3,4 gun hold as normal, focus higher than usual. Interestingly at the Cloud the other side of the valley where you look is half a mile away.

cloudside_panorama.jpg

Fred

I bet the people living in that valley love that shooting ground...not! Sound must travel for miles?

Beautiful location though. Is that the view from the layout?

One day.

DT

Yes thats the hold point from the top layout. Strict time limits Greg, 11 till 4pm no sundays

fly4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You were there Paul, we used a speed gun to set between 52 and 61mph cos there's no where to stand the measuring poles.

So is the helicopter the only way to get there?
The helicopter is the coolest way to get there.

I went before you set them and was wondering if they were already set to slow and you had to wind em up or slow em down. 

Fred, you didn't tell me les had come up for the day in his chopper ?

Ps

i am planning a winter on ut for a change.

We set to scheme 5 which required 54,54,60,60 and 57mph mostly a small increase but the updraft from the valley meant the heights were exaggerated. Angles were 45deg,30,5,30,40. If for example you take scheme 10 then the speeds would be 54,60,54,56,54.

Fred, you didn't tell me les had come up for the day in his chopper ?
You and your woggle are bad enough. We are now ready for your visit how are you for next wednesday afternoon.

Unfortunately not good i have a very busy week working and my brother / business partner is away on hols so i cant leave the ship.

Week after is out too but after that should be ok as long as i have a weeks notice. Ruddy work keeps getting in the way of my social calendar, i need to semi retire very soon.

Ps Sealand sat nothing Sunday as many things to do. Bah.

Are you using my data Fred? Can't check as in pub at moment with a pint of Jennings, hops courtesy of a Mr HM Batt of Kent.

I feel left out and un loved now :)
Are you using my data Fred? Can't check as in pub at moment with a pint of Jennings, hops courtesy of a Mr HM Batt of Kent.
They're Beverley readings taken after a selection shoot [Ken's figures] As you know you have to measure with the same speedgun and method to get the same results.

Like any data crap in = crap out.

Were the distances/ heights physically checked to obtain the speeds at Beverley and not just gunned?

As you've seen from my data taken when setting the targets at different grounds with different traps and clays there is a

speed variation.

It is all about the arms......all about the arms.....and left or right throws.....she wained..!

(Just thought i would throw that in the mix seeing as the intelligentsia / Trap Gods are contributing....!!)

:wink:

Latest posts

Back