Ear protection

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgunner

What if any cans block out as much sound as plugs, I like not been able to hear much with plugs, but I have sensitive ears and they cause me trouble love muff (dirty mind) muff type put I can hear nearly as well with them as with out

What if any cans block out as much sound as plugs, I like not been able to hear much with plugs, but I have sensitive ears and they cause me trouble love muff (dirty mind) muff type put I can hear nearly as well with them as with out
Interesting question you've posed there Irishgunner.

Not quite sure I understand what it is though?

Can you run it by me again?  :biggrin:

I think he said he can still hear with a muff in each ear  :crazy:   :crazy:
Lucky man!  Must have very acute hearing as I'm sure that would render me unable to hear anything at all!!  :spiteful:

Cans that block out sound eh?.............................. Special Brew  :biggrin:

I love my Sordin MSA Supreme jobbies. Block out the sound, comfy to wear and decent sound quality through the audio. Not the cheapest but IMO, the best. 

I have Deben Slim electronic cans and they block sound well for me.  If you don't want to hear non shooting noises you can turn the pick ups off, or buy a set of the slim non electronic ones.

If you want earplug type protection at a sensible price I can recommend Emtec Noisebreakers.

These are moulded to fit your ears and have a mechanical valve so you can hear conversations (sort of) but any loud reports are totally cut out. I paid about £70 for mine a few years ago but they get used once a week and are so comfortable you really don't notice them.

You can pay a lot more for the moulded electronic types which I'm sure are very good, but I personally like to hear nothing when I'm shooting and I can't think of anything I'd like less than being able to hear folks chatting etc while I'm trying to shoot.

Yes I found earplug type the best at blocking sound but I can't stand anything in my ears, electronic or passive I don't mind as long as they block sound well obviously electronic when switched off

Sorry, I misunderstood or just answered too quickly!

I did try a pair of Howard Leight electronic ear protectors (still have them somewhere) and they were fairly slim, but I just couldn't get on with them so swapped back to the earplugs.

I think I've got it now?

I too don't like things in my ear. I've tried various types of plug including custom moulded, but still prefer the convenience and sound proofing of a good set of muffs.

I currently use MSA Sordin Supreme Pro muffs and I've had Peltor and Deben electronic types in the past. The Sordins offer me the best comfort, light weight and best sound reproduction so far. It's a far more natural sound compared to sounding like you are listening to a cheap transistor radio.

The best bit is turn on/turn off instantly for really good sound deadening, and the setting of your preferred volume to hear speech or trap releases etc.  Certainly my favourites.   :biggrin:

I wear moulded inserts only when it's hot. I find they block out much less sound than my MSA cans, which are superb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys seems like sordins might be as good as the reviews I read, better save the penny's they will be my next buy

Thanks guys seems like sordins might be as good as the reviews I read, better save the penny's they will be my next buy
Well worth it. These are like mine: http://www.best4systems.co.uk/msa-sordin-supreme-pro-hunting-headset.html?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=Shopping-Comparison&gclid=Cj0KEQjwopOeBRC1ndXgnuvx8JYBEiQAq4RPt5bIZ9dWBPhlXI2nPWoGJ8A_pB7AA8zm-Q-TmesHepMaAs7v8P8HAQ#.U8V4nPn4cZw

AFAIK they do a basic model, the one's I have (middle range) and a top range one that costs a lot more but has features (bluetooth I think??) that might be a little pointless. 

Sorry guys I think custom ear moulds done properly with the correct education and technology far out perform any cans! But I am biased.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back