World FITASC 2015

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt

If any of you are planning to enter the 2015 World FITASC Championships I would start saving now! The event is being held in Le Sueur, Minneapolis, USA at the Caribou Gun Club.

If any of you find any good deals please share them here  :biggrin:

Quite a few of us from NZ are planning to go for the week, the GP beforehand and Worlds, What a shame that the UK turned it down, the 'Home of shooting' 

One could even say it would have been like a bit of a pilgrimage to see how its done!!

Why would they do that..... flood of replies!!!!!  

:fie:  Politics and money! too many grubby little snouts trying to get in the trough. :crazy:

For those campers on here who do not know how Fitasc works......

The allocation of shoots are discussed and awarded at the Fitasc general meetings and decided for each discipline (usually the meeting is during a World Championship when most countries are in attendance...and those that cannot attend usually send their proxy).

The majors are awarded year in advance. Sometimes the country is awarded and they then decide the venue.....sometimes a specific venue is awarded for a specific year. It is not a case of being in the year 2014 and deciding who will have it in 2015. No no no no.... :laugh: I think at the Worlds in Portugal they are probably looking at venues and countries for 2018.

Calling PhilR....who is still on the technical commission....to give a correct version of what I have said...as my info will / could be out of date now (as I no longer sit on the boards). :wink:

Last edited:
Seems strange for it to be back in the States so soon after the last one, first I have heard of GB turning it down, if that is the case then the person(s) who made that decision should be giving everyone an explanation...

If you know some of the committee members (FITASC) you hear things that the rag tag bobtail shooters don't hear (Phil) these shoots are talked about in general two or three years in advance! but what would I know?

The world was last held here in 2005 and a certain person had to guarantee the CPSA that they would not be liablefor any costs or expences, which he did so!        Any  shooting ground   would have to indemnify the CPSA/BICTSF against losses or costs were they to apply to hold a European or World Fitasc C/ship!

It has nothing to do with the CPSA and should not either! The CPSA is the national governing body, i.e. England and do not have any say over GB FITASC related events, if they do, then it needs changing.

It has nothing to do with the CPSA and should not either! The CPSA is the national governing body, i.e. England and do not have any say over GB FITASC related events, if they do, then it needs changing.
Correct..........Praise The Lord....!!

:wink:

I would get very twitchy if they tried to interfere in real international disciplines :wink:

So the real truth is ......

"" At NO point has the BICTSF (the governing body for FITASC disciplines in GB) declined to hold the World FITASC Sporting event or has NOT been approached to stage this event ""    to date ???...... 

After the fiasco of the world fitasc at Goodwood there was a £70.000+ shortfall, it cleared out the coffers of the BICTSF and some !

In 2005 the World was held at S. Counties, at that time I was the chairman of the Fitasc Sporting committee. A certain gentleman who pushed for the shoot to be held in the U.K. had to guarantee in writing that no financial liabilities would fall on the CPSA or BICTSF which he did so! at this time Phil Boakes was the chairman of the BICTSF and he ran the show!

I have NO reason to believe that anything has changed! until someone can prove otherwise!

This is what happens when you blur the lines of accountability, someone please tell me why the CPSA have two board places at the BICTSF? BICTSF should be strong enough to stand on its own and not rely on the CPSA for anything, apparently BICTSF wanted to use shoot 08 program!!

:fie:  The CPSA is the main "contractor" the BICTSF is merely a "tentacle" of said body, the BICTSF has no permenent staff!  just 2 CPSA members to each international discipline plus the 2 CPSA board places.

If any ground wished to hold a World/European C/ship they would have to have the blessing of the majority of the BICTSF committee including the 2 cpsa board members?

With the fees that FITASC wants plus a head charge per shooter its not likely to be held in the UK in the neat future? :fie:

Oh dear .....Guru you are wrong.

The Board of BICTSF is made up as follows

2 Directors for each ISSF and FITASC discipline....so that is 

2 OSK

2 DTR

2 OT

2 FSP

2 Helice

2 UT

(There should also be 2 COMPAK but the FSP directors are looking after it at the moment)

Then....because it is the International Board......we have 2 Directors from each of the 4 Home Nations

2 England

2 Scotland

2 Wales

2 Northern Ireland.

Plus a Director secretary (don't ask..!!)

Plus a President (don't ask..!!)

Out of the above...we have a Chairman, Vice Chairman and Treasurer (Lordy Lordy you DO NOT want that job...I did it for some time and was glad to shovel it off onto another sucker when i could). :wink:

Then out of that we have 2 of the above who sit on British Shooting (Long unhappy story.....DON'T ASK...!!)

The BICTSF is the Board that runs and selects GBR teams......and that is why you have the home country attendance on it.

It is essential to protect sovereign issues.

The CPSA is NOT the main part of that board.....it is not the member body of the ISSF or FITASC.

Now it gets complicated........ 

BICTSF is the member body of FITASC Paris.

British Shooting crept in and grabbed the member body status to ISSF (only because ISSF has rifle pistol and shot gun.....and being a bit prissy...it will only deal with one federation in each country....hence British Shooting....who is not a national governing body...or any governing body....has found a 'sort of umbrella status').

Hope that helps peeps.

(Please don't mention Commonwealth Games.....as it is all change for that :wink: )

Back