Official Mirage ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Found this in a box of 24g Official Trap today. Thought it was simply a silver Official Trap cartridge until I looked at the bottom!

post-1056-0-16686700-1398369092.jpg

post-1056-0-53418700-1398369110.jpg

Must be worth a fortune!

DT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
OK official conspiracy is that Clever and Fiocchi are the same company and someone got ONE the Clever bases mixed up with the Fiocchi cases to expose the deceit !  .... DT you at the ham? 

I have some shells at home in our collection with different cases from the name on the brass - Fiocchi & Hull is one of them - I might even have a full box of them 

The BIG manufacturers all buy/sell/make components for each other in Italy, no big deal...

DT what is the batch number (inside the cartridge box.

Are all the boxes the same number as the slab?

Someone has obviously buggered about with the box. Where did you get them from?
"Buggered about with the box" how exactly? The rouge cartridge was half way down the box and the slab was fully tape sealed, along with the other slab I bought.
The brass is exactly the same height as the standard gold coloured brass but is silver in colour and has the Fiocchi shooter logo on the side but the Clever Mirage stamped into the base.

Sounds as if it is not uncommon with others.

Not a big deal although slightly unusual to have both cartridge companies logo's on the same brass.

Tink - I'll have a look tomorrow although not sure I have many boxes left?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiocchi makes a zillion brands.  They'll make some with your name on it if ya got the $

You prolly got the floor sweepings and an off brand orphan

So Fiocchi make Clever ? :D No wonder some think they are good . Hehe. . . 

Sorry DT.. I had not read the post properly...thought it was a rogue cartridge in the box :laugh:

I used to drive darling mad by scooping up cartridges from our pockets at the range and put them back in any box. Thought that was what you meant.

Now I understand what you mean.....that is easy.....Fiocchi make cartridges for lots of people....they also make components for lots of people. They must have changed a machine over and not realised it still had a Clever part inside :laugh:

No big deal....I have mentioned before that they load for lots of 'manufacturers'.....I always say that if it is Italian.....you have the best... :wink:

Last edited:
DT......can you please send my a bigger copy of the pictures please so that I can send it on to Fiocchi. The ones shown are only coming up as thumbnails. I just had a telecon and the picture will be helpful. Many thanks if you can. 

(Ninja Side bar.......apparently Fiocchi make all the cases for Clever....just saying.)

Various shotshell manufacturers use hulls made by several makers such as Fiocchi, B & P and Cheditte plus the big Spanish maker. They stamp them for the assemblers and every so often a few leak through to other assemblers. No big deal! Do you think that ANY Brit shotshell is made entirely in the UK? NO!

Henry 

So let me get this straight. Anyone who says Fiocchi are not as good as some of us say they are and that clever are better are actually shooting Fiocchi cartridges. Interesting.

I have always been led to believe that there are only a handful of cartridge manufacturers using components from even fewer component manufacturers but re badging for many the only real difference between brands therefore is the quality of the components selected and the degree of quality control measures implemented for each model, the more expensive enjoying far better quality control to ensure consistency.

So let me get this straight. Anyone who says Fiocchi are not as good as some of us say they are and that clever are better are actually shooting Fiocchi cartridges. Interesting.
Nope, nice try...the shell/hull is the least important component, it's the what/how powder, wad and shot are loaded into that shell that's important!!! Clever are arguably the most consistent and best in the world at that bit!!! Cut open the cheapest shell in the Clever Mirage range and you will see the quality of the components...if you know what you are looking at!!! Cut open even a mid range "other" cartridge and it will be no better than what's in Supertargets, open up some of the 'cheap' shells and you would be shocked at the piss poor shot inside, some of it looks like floor sweepings!!!!

Er that's what i said in second paragraph.

Never even seen clever we must not have a supplier in north west so cant comment on them.

My condolences to you ips, they are very, very good shells and nice to shoot!!!

Clever cartridges are easily available from Tom Young, North Ayrshire Shooting ground.

Also stocked by Fauxdegla. Which is only a short ride from North Wales Shooting Ground.

Latest posts

Back