Grimsthorpe Fitasc 19th April

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt

Well finally got to shoot at Grimsthorpe shooting ground yesterday, it's only taken 18 years! Went up with Matt R and Keith to shoot the fitasc, wasn't too sure what to expect but every one I spoke to said it is a fantastic ground with great targets, and it's a well deserved reputation.

Our first layout was a gentle ish introduction with a good mix of staedy targets, nothing too big yet! Managed a 23 which was a good start. The second layout started with some very hittable targets, a very close right to left floaty crosser which looked like it could be missed very easily but so far so good. Peg 2 saw us shooting the same targets but what a difference 30 yards can make! Managed to blank both pairs, not good but headed off to the last peg to try and save the score. Only 1 target caused the whole squad problems and it took a few discussions before we all agreed we were shooting in front of what can only be described as a monster target! Finished on 18!!

The third layout was in front of the carpark and we quickly realised there were going to be some big ish targets on the layout and so it was, peg 3 on the platform all the targets wanted reasonable gaps and gun speed to break the clays, managed to scrap a 21 which was very pleasing considering the targets we were shooting at.

The last layout was the arena, peg 1 was steady and straightable, unless like me you miss a twenty yard floating crosser! Managed to straight peg 2 and drop a monster crow on peg 3 to finish with a 23, was very pleased with that and a finishing score of 85, I think Jack Lovick won the shoot with a 90 which was an excellent score.

If you have never been to Grimsthorpe shooting ground then I suggest you arrange a visit, some great targets in a lovely setting.

Well shot Matt, 85 was an excellent score. I could only manage 74, also really enjoyed it.

Always a great shoot at Grimsthorpe.

Pity they have so few open/registered shoots these days.

Well finally got to shoot at Grimsthorpe shooting ground yesterday, it's only taken 18 years! Went up with Matt R and Keith to shoot the fitasc, wasn't too sure what to expect but every one I spoke to said it is a fantastic ground with great targets, and it's a well deserved reputation.

Our first layout was a gentle ish introduction with a good mix of staedy targets, nothing too big yet! Managed a 23 which was a good start. The second layout started with some very hittable targets, a very close right to left floaty crosser which looked like it could be missed very easily but so far so good. Peg 2 saw us shooting the same targets but what a difference 30 yards can make! Managed to blank both pairs, not good but headed off to the last peg to try and save the score. Only 1 target caused the whole squad problems and it took a few discussions before we all agreed we were shooting in front of what can only be described as a monster target! Finished on 18!!

The third layout was in front of the carpark and we quickly realised there were going to be some big ish targets on the layout and so it was, peg 3 on the platform all the targets wanted reasonable gaps and gun speed to break the clays, managed to scrap a 21 which was very pleasing considering the targets we were shooting at.

The last layout was the arena, peg 1 was steady and straightable, unless like me you miss a twenty yard floating crosser! Managed to straight peg 2 and drop a monster crow on peg 3 to finish with a 23, was very pleased with that and a finishing score of 85, I think Jack Lovick won the shoot with a 90 which was an excellent score.

If you have never been to Grimsthorpe shooting ground then I suggest you arrange a visit, some great targets in a lovely setting.
I think that MX2000S was too cheap! Look at all the time you have wasted with a Miroku!   :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back