Browning Stock Question

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenW

I have some Browning Long Tang stocks, the stock inletting of the side panels where they butt to the receiver slope backwards. Can anyone help me out with which guns they are for please?

This picture is of a standard browning action i.e 425

browning-425-a1108651812201211854_zpsd604f36d.jpg

this picture is of a gun with a sloped receiver

Browning-Citori-625-Sporting-Small-Gauge-013355-279l_zps096edab5.jpg

I just used the 625 photo because it's the same angle, the stocks I have are long tang, I'm sure the 625 is short tang

I just used the 625 photo because it's the same angle, the stocks I have are long tang, I'm sure the 625 is short tang
Yes, sorry I realised after I posted you must have known it was a 625 picture. I'll get my coat now...........

No it's definitely not a cynergy, it's getting on me moobs now

I'll post a photo of it below. The plate has browning printed on it and it is the same as the 625 but long tang

24ROUNDEDCUTBACKcopy_zps328285be.png

That does look similar, do you know which model auto that is? thanks

I bought a new Browning 525 sporter  about 7 years ago which had the same sloping action, it also had Invector + chokes at a time when european 525s had shorter Invector chokes. 

After reading a review on the 525 I was concerned that I  might have purchased a grey import so I did some research via Browning UK, it transpired that due to a shortage of European 525s Browning had imported approx. 200 guns from the US. 

The gun was a grade1, I must have been seduced by the quality and finish of the woodwork which was far better than the european equivalent because  I can't think of any other reason for me buying a sporter as I have never been able to get on with the disipline!.

I bought a new Browning 525 sporter about 7 years ago which had the same sloping action, it also had Invector + chokes at a time when european 525s had shorter Invector chokes.

After reading a review on the 525 I was concerned that I might have purchased a grey import so I did some research via Browning UK, it transpired that due to a shortage of European 525s Browning had imported approx. 200 guns from the US.
is it a us 525 or a 625 (which never officially came to Europe) I did think the inv+ 525 were the same as the 625 (all come out of Japan anyway.

I think it is a US version, but finding a long tang version is a ball ache

Latest posts

Back