THE FINAL SCORE IF NO HELP FOR DISABLED SHOOTERS

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

handisportgold

Copied from ISSF events forum:-

Hi Nicola (tinker bell) found your thread about us Disabled shooters being the poor relations. Great to get a response.

Now how many CPSA or even Non CPSA registered grounds are out looks like the poster campaign is underway.

Like many of the disabled, adversity has been our biggest challenge , fighting to live and be with our loved ones no matter what we end up having left after our illness or accident. I for one was paralysed from the neck down and never thought I would live let alone shoot for my country.  THERE FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've shared Nicola's plea on my Facebook page and got my wallet out too.  Those damn moths have make a right mess of my white five pound notes though.

Seriously a couple of quid here and there soon mounts up so please help out with whatever you can donate.

Thanks Phil, I know you have also worked hard for the disabled shooters over the years.

But...you know what.....

I am not sure that this message .....put on the several threads ......has actually been seen by everyone on here.....because there are some who I would have put money on sending me a PM....who have not done so yet....where as several others newcomers to the forum have. (Thank you newcomers you have heart.)

Individual messages coming to your inbox sooooooooon my 'special friends'..... :wink:

Last edited:
Hi All, Now over 200 are reading this post its good to see, and maybe more help is forthcoming?

PLEASE GO TO MY START AGAIN BLOG

Hi All, Cannot believe over 200 members have reviewed this blog and done nothing. Bury your head in the sand or shame, shooting has a hard time , period. Help those who are less fortunate than you , they may be your salvation!
My initial reaction to this was 'fcuk off you cheeky barsteward, who are you to demand money...' But then I thought, maybe he's just being humorous about it. When I want to go shooting, I pay for it myself, if I don't have the cash...I don't go!!! If I didn't have the cash, really wanted to go, didn't have time to earn the money before the shoot, I'd take a loan, shoot, work hard, earn the money, pay back the loan...simples!!!

Before this goes off topic into the usual....can I explain the bigger picture.....and that is to get clay shooting accepted into the Paralymics so that our disabled shooters can win medals like the other disabled athletes have done....and therefore to increase the overall funding ....which is purely medal based. Once we have achieved that....the funding will take care of getting our shooters to events to represent GBR.

There is already rifle and pistol in the Paralympics.

CPSA (along with NRA and NSRA) already are part of the £1 million Sport England grant. However all the disabled part of the fund goes to rifle pistol because clay shooting is not yet in the Paralympics.

Our shooters have been going for the last 2 years to the requested venues to shoot with disabled shooters from several countries.

They have not had any help at all apart from aid given by FITAV the Italian federation that has added it's weight to this goal.

It takes more than the shooter to get there...they have carers and onerous journeys getting to the international events. They have proved themselves worthy of support by wining medals in OT and for many years before that in FITASC Sporting.

I do not think that it s too much of an effort to give the cost of a drink on a night out (that no one would miss) to help.

Enough people think the same as the fund last night stood at just over £900. Lots and lots of small donations...very much appreciated.

If anyone is not interested that is fine.....but please don't take this important appeal....off topic.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Hi All, Cannot believe over 200 members have reviewed this blog and done nothing. Bury your head in the sand or shame, shooting has a hard time , period. Help those who are less fortunate than you , they may be your salvation!
Sorry but who are you to be lambasting us about this!

How do you know who has and has not done anything about this?

Are you reading Tinker Bells PM's?

Its great to have something like this brought to our attention but your attitude and posts are more likely to have a negative effect.

On the basis of Nic's posts I have obtained the required information to make a donation which I will do in my own good time.

Carry on like this and you'll be on ignore pretty quick!

Hi James Johnston,

I haven't demanded money! AND I don't think disability Humorous, having money to shoot at club level is one thing, having money to prove you are capable of representing your country is another. Who sponsors the able bodied shooter? NOT THEMSELVES!

I have asked for help for those who may be less fortunate than other paralympians who can rely on "FUNDS" set aside to help British athletes win medals. You may want to donate money , you may know of a way to enable the Disabled Shooters Group to get access to the funding set aside in the Sport England fund. Have you thought outside the box? Some of these shooters may not have a job , some of them may not have received compensation from an accident, some of them may have been struck down with a terrible illness which some insurance policies do not provide for. Please do not make presumptions as to the circumstances of your fellow sportsmen disabled or otherwise. As for taking out a loan to compete in a sport that provides solace after a catastrophe surely that is a recipe for disaster.

If you were a George or a Richard or an Ed or a Mark then you have assistance, do you make the same assumption that they can afford to travel the world and therefore should not receive monies from sponsors , donors or otherwise?

As Nicola states being interested is not compulsory.

I conclude I am not a cheeky barsteward, just a fellow shooter who thinks there should be a level playing field!

I think the problem here is perceived "tact".

Nicola has come across in this subject in a tactful way, and she is well known on the forum having been a member a long time.

Unfortunately, handisport is a forum newbie, and on top of that, I feel his posts are lacking this tact.

Whether or not you are taking the moral high ground, people dont like to feel that they are being "pushed" or "guilt tripped" into things.

Perhaps a little less aggression in the posts would help?!

Just sayin.....

Just for the record too, I have the details to send a donation, and I'm doing so, but for the cause, NOT from bolshy posts.

Hi RobertBeard,

No lambasting intended.

Would like to think all those like yourself who are helping would say so in the post that's all.

It was the lack of posts to do with disabled shooting that prompted me to join Shootclay, had I not joined would you be aware? Tinker Bell posted in response to my original question.

Please do not take offence or ignore, my intentions may be misguided but entirely sincere.

As a newbie I am humble enough to apologise to anyone who may have been offended.

Thanks for the apology and its nice to hear because I'm targeted daily with people begging for money in one way or the other as I expect most people are.

The way its done and the cause is key.  I'm a shooter so I'm already half way there but having a guilt trip put on me is a big turn off!

My resources are limited just like everyone else and I have my own family and bucket lists to try and achieve before I go.

It doesn't take much with all the pressure to say No if the approach is offensive!

BTW the RSPCA will never ever get another cent out of me - they burnt their bridges some years ago when they became political and prosecutors!

Hi James Johnston,

I haven't demanded money!

... having money to shoot at club level is one thing, having money to prove you are capable of representing your country is another. Who sponsors the able bodied shooter? NOT THEMSELVES!

I have asked for help for those who may be less fortunate than other paralympians who can rely on "FUNDS" set aside to help British athletes win medals. You may want to donate money , you may know of a way to enable the Disabled Shooters Group to get access to the funding set aside in the Sport England fund. Have you thought outside the box?

Some of these shooters may not have a job , some of them may not have received compensation from an accident, some of them may have been struck down with a terrible illness which some insurance policies do not provide for. Please do not make presumptions as to the circumstances of your fellow sportsmen disabled or otherwise.

As for taking out a loan to compete in a sport that provides solace after a catastrophe surely that is a recipe for disaster.

If you were a George or a Richard or an Ed or a Mark then you have assistance...

...there should be a level playing field!
Your attitude is 'demanding' puts peoples backs up (mine)

I have represented my country at a sporting Home International...nobody sponsored me or most of the team!!! Cost us all a bloody fortune to represent out country, took the wife and kids, no family holiday that year!!!

I think outside the box all the time, try this, if you can't afford to compeate in an expensive sport...don't!!!!

If someone has no job, bad luck, poor health, had an accident, but is classed as disabled, why should that give them a Devine right to recive funding to compete at a sport or to try to represent their country? I'm all for equality, I would like to have the spare time a person with no job has, I could practice shooting whenever I want then...but how would I pay for it with no job?!?!

Yeah, we all suffer from some sort of catastrophe to some degree, at some point, most of us have to content our selves with solice within our means...

If you are one of George, Richard, Ed or Mark then there is a 50% chance your not competing for your country but for you self...and why not?

Like you, I'd like a level playing field too, but life is not fair and playing fields are not level, ask for assistance and I might give, demand it with a cheeky, sarcastic and offensive post and this is the response you will get!!!

People please....there is no need for this.

I have tried to explain as clearly as possible and I would hope that most shooters will be able to see the bigger picture that we are trying to achieve here. I know that some people will not or cannot get involved....and that is perfectly ok.

So again I say thank you for reading the thread.

Just a few words of BIG thanks to all those shooters who made donations for this worthy & forgotten cause at Barrow Heath SG on Good Friday including the winning shots who donated some of their prize winnings.......

Weve counted up £140 odd quid & will continue with the donation pot at our next few shoots..........

Good wishes to all the other grounds that are asking for donations too.....

Your attitude is 'demanding' puts peoples backs up (mine)

I have represented my country at a sporting Home International...nobody sponsored me or most of the team!!! Cost us all a bloody fortune to represent out country, took the wife and kids, no family holiday that year!!!

I think outside the box all the time, try this, if you can't afford to compeate in an expensive sport...don't!!!!

If someone has no job, bad luck, poor health, had an accident, but is classed as disabled, why should that give them a Devine right to recive funding to compete at a sport or to try to represent their country? I'm all for equality, I would like to have the spare time a person with no job has, I could practice shooting whenever I want then...but how would I pay for it with no job?!?!

Yeah, we all suffer from some sort of catastrophe to some degree, at some point, most of us have to content our selves with solice within our means...

If you are one of George, Richard, Ed or Mark then there is a 50% chance your not competing for your country but for you self...and why not?

Like you, I'd like a level playing field too, but life is not fair and playing fields are not level, ask for assistance and I might give, demand it with a cheeky, sarcastic and offensive post and this is the response you will get!!!
Let us all hope that you continue to have a healthy life !!!

I put a couple of pounds in the tin at barrowheath yesterday. but if I had read this first I would not have done.I suggest you edit this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back