Where would your money go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom b

Now I know there is a lot of opinion on both of these guns and I'm not looking to start an argument between forum members but I have had my eye on a premium clay busting machine for a while.

Yesterday I was walking around the open day at coleys and noticed a lot of both krieghoffs and perazzis and my mind was made up.

Now business is better than it's ever been so I'm finding myself with a bit of spare income, I'm not looking to buy new in fact I'm looking to spend around £6000 (less if possible).

At the moment I'm swaying more towards the krieghoff, I understand a lot of people think they are ugly etc but I really like the look of them. I will also say that I have not shouldered either so I may hate one or the other but opinions don't hurt, I will say that weight isn't a problem at 6'1" and have been in the building trade all my life so I can manage the kreighoff at 9lbs.

Now I know that I'm going to get it all ways ie put the money into coaching etc but I won't be happy until I have one or the other and it's money that I have put aside for this exact reason, so why and where would your money go? I'm open to other options also but the krieghoff is in the lead at the minute.

I'm now off to put my tin hat on and get behind the sofa.

I would go Perazzi, used MX2000s or MX12 for the money you mention. Why? Because its a premium gun, but there is nothing odd about them. They are just a great balanced gun that is fairly conventional. (Mine weighs 8.7lbs). A K80 is a bit different and while it might be your perfect gun it also might never feel right. I have owned both.

Hi,

If u r interested we have an MX2000S and a K80 super sporter in at Lady's Wood at the moment if u are interested give me (Chris) or Duncan a call this week. Both are 6k or under. Obviously u r welcome to come down and have a look or a shot with them.

Thanks

Chris

Exactly the sort of answer that I'm after, thanks clever. As I said I haven't shouldered either so I would need to give both a try, the exact reason I like the krieghoff is they are a bit different but it may fit like a glove on a foot.

I noticed that you had a couple advertised on gun trader, I may pop down one day this week, would you do a p/x

Exactly the sort of answer that I'm after, thanks clever. As I said I haven't shouldered either so I would need to give both a try, the exact reason I like the krieghoff is they are a bit different but it may fit like a glove on a foot.
Great if you can try both. How it feels pointing at the clock on the shop wall is always so far different from bashing clays. (As I reminded myself today).

Hi Chris don't worry it's not the mk38 I brought down with me when you invited me down. I would be looking to trade in a blaser f3

Hi,
If u r interested we have an MX2000S and a K80 super sporter in at Lady's Wood at the moment if u are interested give me (Chris) or Duncan a call this week. Both are 6k or under. Obviously u r welcome to come down and have a look or a shot with them.
Thanks
Chris
I had a look at this mx2000s at LW....tidy looking gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When i was looking to change from a 682 gold E i looked at p guns at Chirs Potters, to me they just did not fill anything special,i had a go of a friends mx12, i never gave a k80 a thought until I was shooting with a bloke who was using one, as soon as i shouldered it i new i had to have one and i have not looked back . You will no when you pick them up which one you prefer Which ever you choose i wish you luck with it

They are both good guns, it all depends what you like and what works for you. I love P guns but I just don't get on with them, tried a couple of K guns many years ago but they did nothing for me. Whilst you are looking about you could also try a DT10 or a DT11. Within your price range you also have some B25's (used) too. Try as many guns as you can mate!!

I do like the b25 but t doesn't strike me as a clay specific gun. As I said in a recent thread I have been given a poor b25 a1 and the restoration was the original plan for the money but since we gathered that it wasn't worth doing I've decided to go down the new (to me) gun route.

I would give a DT10 L with 32" tubes a good looking at, excellant build quality, timber, engraving and proven pedigree. If I had that money to spend I'd be entertaining the DT10 L or the DT11.

To be honest I have had a 692, now I know it's not a premium gun but it was less than satisfactory and plagued with issues so I would not be tempted to go down the beretta route again if it was given to me.

To be honest I have had a 692, now I know it's not a premium gun but it was less than satisfactory and plagued with issues so I would not be tempted to go down the beretta route again if it was given to me.
It's a shame you had problems with that, seems to be happening a bit more often these days with Beretta.

It your not so keen on the s/h B25's, look at the top end miroku's and 525 variants of the brownings. Top quality gear. But trust me the B2G's etc from the B25 range are top notch clay busting tools, they are truly world class!

Back