Physio's

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt

So after suffering from TE AND GE in both elbows and issues after shooting in the shoulder neck region I decided to go and see a physio. Well the difference is quite staggering, 4 sessions, pretty much pain free and can shoot at least 250 shells without any real adverse effect. A mix of treatment and exercises seem to have done the trick, so if you are suffering after you shoot I would strongly advise a few sessions with a decent physio. 

Just thought I would share this wisdom with you all...

So after suffering from TE AND GE in both elbows and issues after shooting in the shoulder neck region I decided to go and see a physio. Well the difference is quite staggering, 4 sessions, pretty much pain free and can shoot at least 250 shells without any real adverse effect. A mix of treatment and exercises seem to have done the trick, so if you are suffering after you shoot I would strongly advise a few sessions with a decent physio. 

Just thought I would share this wisdom with you all...
Glad you got it sorted Matt.

Glad you got it sorted Matt.
I had TE recently and was surprised how unpleasant it was and how effective 3 sessions of physiotherapy was in sorting it.  I had 'suffered' it for over 4 months before getting physio.  Wish I had done so sooner!

I had TE recently and was surprised how unpleasant it was and how effective 3 sessions of physiotherapy was in sorting it. I had 'suffered' it for over 4 months before getting physio. Wish I had done so sooner!
yep, always amazes me that we spend all this money on our hobby yet sometimes reluctant to pay a few quid to see a Physio. I'm not suggesting that private physios are better but you will generally see one a lot quicker than NHS.
My advice is that if you have an injury/problem (non traumatic) that lasts more than 5 days and/or is keeping you from working/shooting etc you should go and see physio/other.... Get it diagnosed and treated.

yep, always amazes me that we spend all this money on our hobby yet sometimes reluctant to pay a few quid to see a Physio. I'm not suggesting that private physios are better but you will generally see one a lot quicker than NHS.

My advice is that if you have an injury/problem (non traumatic) that lasts more than 5 days and/or is keeping you from working/shooting etc you should go and see physio/other.... Get it diagnosed and treated.
Agree totally Nick, now that I know how effective physio can be.  TBH, I didn't seek help earlier as I was not expecting it to work so well.  The cost was covered by my insurance but I would have been more than happy to have paid for the therapy.  It wasn't clever of me to have left it so long and if I hadn't been going skiing, I may have left it even longer. ;)

Agree totally Nick, now that I know how effective physio can be. TBH, I didn't seek help earlier as I was not expecting it to work so well. The cost was covered by my insurance but I would have been more than happy to have paid for the therapy. It wasn't clever of me to have left it so long and if I hadn't been going skiing, I may have left it even longer. ;)
I'm pleased that you have it sorted now. It can be very painful.

Yes....I am crook at the minute with a trapped nerve in the hip area.

I would love to go to a Physio but he would have to be blindfolded....and he would have to promise that he would not think of a rollypollygram...!!

Hence i am trying to think it will sort itself out.....but the time is coming.....because it is affecting my shooting now.

:nurse:   :nurse:   :nurse:   :nurse:   :nurse:   

Yes....I am crook at the minute with a trapped nerve in the hip area.

I would love to go to a Physio but he would have to be blindfolded....and he would have to promise that he would not think of a rollypollygram...!!

Hence i am trying to think it will sort itself out.....but the time is coming.....because it is affecting my shooting now.

:nurse:   :nurse:   :nurse:  
go see a female physio if at all worried. Personally, if I have a patient with groinhip problem I would either offer that a chaperone comes in or get a female physio to assess......

......and I bet you 2 entry fees for OLSS reg comps that it isn't a trapped nerve.... ;)

Mine is a woman...... :wink: I just don't like being manhandled   :wink:

So you think nerve is a bad guess?

I was unsure whether it was lower back or hip area....but after a friend showed me the hands and feet on the floor and rock movement.....boy i realized it was the hip area. Mind you...when i bent over to put hands on the floor.....i did not think i could make it....or if i would ever get up again.

Would post a picture but it would look so sad........funny ......but sad.

Oh dear.... i will put it on the list to go and see her........the list with the bloody dentist who has buggered up a tooth 2 weeks ago that was not hurting at all....until it was filled.

It maybe one of those months...........

Mine is a woman...... :wink: I just don't like being manhandled   :wink:

So you think nerve is a bad guess?

I was unsure whether it was lower back or hip area....but after a friend showed me the hands and feet on the floor and rock movement.....boy i realized it was the hip area. Mind you...when i bent over to put hands on the floor.....i did not think i could make it....or if i would ever get up again.

Would post a picture but it would look so sad........funny ......but sad.

Oh dear.... i will put it on the list to go and see her........the list with the bloody dentist who has buggered up a tooth 2 weeks ago that was not hurting at all....until it was filled.

It maybe one of those months...........
Trapped nerve is a term often used by patients but is rarely the correct diagnosis..... if it was truly trapped, you really would know about it and not being able to shoot would be the least of your problems. Sometimes nerves can be irritatedrubbedstretched which can cause some symptoms like occasional pins and needlesnumbness but this would be permanately there if it was trapped. Sometimes when a muscle spasms it can be described by patients as a 'trapped nerve' due to the sensation of this. There could also be degenerative changes going on within the joint, which might be causing the pain or it could be coming from your lower back or maybe muscle tightness (hamstringsglutespiriformis etc)..... all guess work I'm afraid but best to get it looked at sooner rather than later and remember, us Physios see ALL shapes and sizes and do not judge.....

p.s I can't flex (bend forward) my lumbar spine and put my hands on the floor..... I have super tight hamstrings....

I

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nick...I know you cannot diagnose over the net :wink:

I will have to go and brave an appointment.

Latest posts

Back