INCOMERS

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgunner

Any one else (apart from myself) over read Incomers I'm always seeing something on them that is not there, bang miss then shoot straight at the rest and break them

Nope! Never miss an incomer.   :sarcastic:

Only joking. It's like any other target. It needs a good, solid technique that works for you. Sounds like you know your own answer already!    :biggrin:   Keep practicing!!

The ones that get me are thrown from a trap 100 yards away at a slight angle and hit the ground at 30 to 35 yards.sometimes you can shoot nearly straight at them and other times they need a big gap.it does my head in.

I think there always a tendency to overthink them because often you have the time to, which can result in checking the bead to 'make sure'.

Hate incomers with a passion and will often blank five on the trot as I did at Weston wood recently (thanks Mr Lovatt) need coaching because I still have not got a clue!!!

Iggy think you have nailed it i do over think them I have no problem with Incomers that are drifting and need a little lead it's the dead straight ones I just can't believe my eyes and always think the course setter is trying to make it look straight when it's not and what do you know it is

Shaun my problem is over reading them thinking I'm been tricked but if you r having problems with Incomers try been very Precise with them straight Incomers I rifle and stay in the gun until u see the clay break

The resin I posted this was on club ground today and we shot stands from different positions ( moved the stands not the traps) and it left a very long Incomer about 50-60 yards at its peek before dropping anyhow I was first in and to me it seemed to also be moving right I never touched it and didn't know where I was missing rest of squad had no problems with it I stood behind the last shooter and seen he was shooting straight at it went back in and it was straight at it, only thing I can think of is at it's peek it was doing nothing cause it was defiantly going right on it's way up and defiantly going right on its way down, just to add it was like a long incoming teal very high

Gavin anything straight incoming or going away straight is dust which means my gun shoots where I am looking.

Its the quartering type usually dropping rapidly that causes problems incoming or going away :fie:

Shaun I find the quartering ok if I can get them early but when they start to drop rapidly it's a lottery for me, starting to see I lot of stands lately where one r both birds have to be taken on the drop so think I'm going to have to work on that. My bogey bird seems to change used to be teal then quartering away birds now Incomers

My trouble with incomers is my tendency to shoot them with a dead gun. I catch myself measuring lead off the front of the gun as the bird reaches its apex instead of moving with the target.

I only have problems with the ones that come out of the trap when I shout "Pull".....sorry, I'll leave now.. :hunter:

Latest posts

Back