Highwaymans Shooting Ground

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guerini Guy

As far as I am aware this is either a totally new, or at least very recently resurrected shooting ground near Risby, Suffolk, and in fact only a few miles from Barrow Heath.

It is a very large piece of land, mostly flat in topography, but with enough trees and shrubbery plus man made equipment to make some interesting target presentations. 

Despite the recent heavy rainfalls, the ground was surprisingly firm and easy to walk on. We went to shoot an FSP comp there and all the four parcours were within 200-400 metres of the clubhouse. As you know I cannot walk great distances, and do prefer flat ground, but the organisers were quick to assist with any of my problems and did actually organise a lift to and from the furthest parcours, and were fully committed to assisting further as needed.

The clubhouse is actually part of a B&B building. Hot and cold food and drinks available, limited to sandwiches really, but there was a wheelchair ramp to the clubhouse and disabled toilets within if required.

Definitely worth a visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timing is everything!  Mr Hoskins was asking me to enquire on the Forum what people thought of this shoot

Latest posts

Back